Things I like about raiding and a few I don't
Posted 03/02/09 at 11:31 AM by s4dfish
First, the things I enjoy about raiding.
- I really enjoy learning new bosses and seeing new content. I know that's a profound concept (seriously, who doesn't like seeing new stuff).
- I like first kills and kills that very easily could have turned into a wipe if not for stellar play.
- I like that point when your raid group really starts to perform like a well oiled machine. That feeling of synergy is amazing and is probably the single largest reason why I continue to play. I played competitive soccer growing up and I think I like the feeling of being part of a team as much as anything else, that feeling translates here.
- A little selfish here, but I like knowing that my raids succeeds or fails based on my performance. Probably why I've gone from DPS->Tanking->Healing.
- I really don't like farming. I don't like having to start with Spider and Plague Wing every week because I never have a consistent raid group (curse of casual). I don't mind Noth/Heigan/Loatheb, I really don't. Heigan might still be my favorite fight, but hate having to explain him every week like it's the first time we're seeing him, because it's always someone's first time.
- My guild usually will take a 5 min break after clearing a wing for bio. Simple enough, right? But invariably someone will still afk for a bio right after the first boss in the next wing.
- Being the raid leader of a very casual guild means that I usually end up with raiders who don't know what they're doing. They're not intentionally ignorant, they just have no idea that the information is out there. So, of course, it ends up being my job to educate them on how to play their class.
Now sometimes it really pays off, like a DK we have who was seriously 0/0/71 the first time I grouped with him and putting out 600, yes 600 DPS. I took the time to tell him what to spec, what his rotation should be, etc. No he's an easy 2k DPS in 10 man. That's an improvement.
Other times it's like beating my head into a wall
Total Comments 2
Total Trackbacks 0