The following is for the cat and bear modules, I haven't looked at other ones but the my suggestion may apply and appeal to others.
In the section for avoided attacks would it be possible to include, in the little mouse over information box, how much rating you are short or over for hit and dodge?
A minor note here that the cat and bear modules have this labeled differently, avoided in cat and missed in bear.
Not sure if this would be better for this thread or the Tanking Paladin on, so I'll try here.
I find RAWR to be a huge help in deciding on pieces of gear and planning out gear combos, but its weightings sometimes time me into knots. A good example is Gatekeeper. In terms of overall value, Gatekeeper is rated vastly higher. However, looking at the individual parts, the Earthen Titansteel ring gives me more health and more avoidance. While I get better mitigation from Gatekeeper, my damage taken % is actually higher than it is with the Titansteel one.
I recognize that Gatekeeper is better in situations where I'm stunned or otherwise unable to use avoidance (survivability), I just can't shake the creeping feeling that the Titansteel ring is actually better overall. I also recognize that you can adjust the weighting of the various pieces, but even turning it all the way up still doesn't change the comparison.
Is anyone else running into this? How are you handling it?
Well if the character files aren't backwards compatible with the new version could we at least get a method of converting them into the new format or at least retaining things like gear and gems and such?
So far, I've found that much of the information in the old character files can still be loaded. Green diamond selections, talents, buffs, and items seem to import fine, except that the belt is assumed not to have a buckle by default (the gem that was stored in the belt buckle slot in the old format disappears). I don't know if blue diamond / red dot selections, the ones that reference particular enchants and gemmings, made it through or not because I only use those for a few things, and I didn't think to check (no access to it at the moment). The only major thing that didn't make it through was enchants. All my gear was unenchanted in the new version. Setting them back was easy though. TLDR: Old character files aren't perfectly compatible, but you'll get almost everything if you load one anyway.
P.S. The new gemming system is excellent. Would it be possible to have a dynamically-generated section made of every possible combination of gems marked available, or would that be too ugly to do? (I'll try to answer this question for myself if I can steal the time to try to write it in, but I'm posing it now in the very likely case that I can't).
Edit to add: It looks like it'd be possible, but on further thought, boy would the list get big fast. (# of gems selected ^ 4) * # of metas? Yikes.
Trying to optimize my gear for Sarth 3D maintanking (with my druid) I realized that the [Lesser Flask of Resistance] is missing. Aiming at 347 fire resistance I just used 265 (+82 via Flask + Mixology) at the optimizer, but it´d be great if the flask was included so I can check my fire survivability and even optimize against it with the flask in mind.
FaceShooter - a hunter shot recommendation AddOn
The optimism of action is better than the pessimism of thought.
- Greenpeace UK
Welcome to Rawr 2.2.0. Rawr now has a brand new gemming system, which should greatly ease the pains we've all had with gems in Rawr up til now.
- PLEASE NOTE: This is a beta of Rawr 2.2. It has not received the same level of testing that we normally put into releases, but we're releasing it in its current form, due to the large number of changes. If you do run into bugs, please post them on our Issue Tracker. Please use the current release version, Rawr 2.1.9, if you encounter showstopping bugs in Rawr 2.2.0b1. Thanks!
- Gemming Revamp! Rawr will now automatically handle gems, just as you'd expect. See Help > Gemmings for details. NOTE: Rawr 2.2 is not backawards compatible most of your existing data files. Please do not copy data files from previous versions of Rawr. Your existing character files should load into Rawr 2.2 just fine, except you'll have to reselect enchants on your gear.
- Rawr.Bear: Support for Savage Defense.
- Rawr.Cat: Fixes for hit calculations.
- Rawr.Mage: Support for 3.0.9 changes. Fixes for a few obscure calcultion bugs.
- Rawr.Moonkin: Brand new spell calculation engine, powered by WrathCalcs.
- Rawr.ProtWarr: Significant improvements to accuracy. Added additional rating choices, and additional customization to existing rating ratios. See the Options tab for details. Added support for parry hasting
- Rawr.HolyPriest: Fix for Build Upgrade List, several calculation improvements. Support for 3.1 Mana Regen model.
- Rawr.ShadowPriest: Fix for Build Upgrade List, several calculation improvements.
- Rawr.Tree: Overhaul of casting system, should provide much more useful results.
- Rawr.Elemental: Significant fixes and new features.
- Rawr.RestoSham: Now includes Activity, Overhealing, and Burst Healing. Many calculation fixes/improvements.
- Rawr.Enhance: Lots of calculation improvements.
- Rawr.TankDK: Wide variety of calculation fixes, UI improvements.
- Rawr.DPSDK: Many calculation fixes and new features.
- Rawr.Tankadin: Fixes for armor calculations.
- Rawr.Healadin: Support for 3.0.9 changes.
- Rawr.Hunter: Fix for several calculation bugs.
- Rawr.Retribution: Many calculation changes, new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
- Rawr.Warlock: Initial release. Not fully complete yet, but included in this release of Rawr so that you can see how we're progressing. We still advise using Rawr.Warlock in conjunction with other theorycrafting tools. In particular, pets are not modeled yet, so Demonology specs will be significantly undervalued.
1)Can you now customize enchants per item? I see items are now listed with an enchants, but not how to customize them.
2)Would it be possible to have the Optimizer take float inputs? That is, something like "Avoided Attack % <= 0.1".
3)How do you enable a custom rotation in Cat model? Whenever I change the values in Options, nothing happens.
1) Yes. Right click, Add Custom Gemming, and choose the gems and enchant you'd like for a new instance of that item.
2) It doesn't already? I'll check on that, but thought it did...
3) The results of the custom rotation are displayed on the Stats tab, at the bottom, though the max dps rotation is still used for rating comparisons.
Originally Posted by Junlex
Figurine - Twilight Serpent is still modelled with its old 5 minute cooldown in Rawr 2.2.0, which was changed to a 2 minute cooldown in 3.08.