it's been a long time since I've used the "Build Upgrade List" in the Optimizer, but I have to say it ran lightyears faster than it used to. It used to be one of those things you clicked on at work as you had your first coffee and forgot about until lunch, this time it was under a minute. Bravo on the improvement.
Could I request the ability to export the output from the update list? Comma or tab delineated kick out for a spreadsheet would be awesome.
Whether just 2 columns of Item name and dps increase or more. Bear could be slightly more.
I love the Copy Character Data to Clipboard option, this is similar, it's great for running scans during down time at work and exporting the data home, where I'm usually playing more than Rawr-ing.
edit: and another request, more useful than the above. Can the hit and expertise data be flagged with the * so you can hover over it and see whether you are hit capped or expertise capped? I would assume it's a minor edit to the way chance to be crit has always been displayed, same concept.
Welcome to Rawr 2.2.0. Rawr now has a brand new gemming system, which should greatly ease the pains we've all had with gems in Rawr up til now.
- PLEASE NOTE: This is a beta of Rawr 2.2. It has not received the same level of testing that we normally put into releases, but we're releasing it in its current form, due to the large number of changes. If you do run into bugs, please post them on our Issue Tracker. Please use the current release version, Rawr 2.1.9, if you encounter showstopping bugs in Rawr 2.2.0b4. Thanks!
- Multithreading! Rawr will now better utilize your processor, resulting in a 40% to 100% speed boost for rendering most charts, and optimizing. There is potential for hangs from this, so please test as much as you can, and report if you can make it hang, along with very explicitly telling us what you were doing when it hung, and including the character file. NOTE: If you encounter frequent hangs in b4, you can turn off Multithreading in the Tools > Options dialog. If you can't get to that dialog before it hangs, you can edit the config file at /Data/Rawr.Base.dll.config. PLEASE report any hangs you experience!
- Addition to the new dynamic gemming feature: You can now choose to display the Top X gemmings for an item. Check it out on the Tools > Edit Gemming Templates dialog.
- Fixes for a few crashes and minor bugs.
- Batch tools now include a batch optimizer.
- You can now save, load, and export Upgrade Lists.
- Rawr.Bear: Support for more 3.1 changes, and presets for some options.
- Rawr.Cat: Support for more 3.1 changes.
- Rawr.Moonkin: Fix for a few minor bugs. Support for 3.1 changes.
- Rawr.Tankadin: Improved base stat accuracy, and support for several more librams, set bonuses, and trinkets. Minor fixes to the effects of several stats.
- Rawr.Enhance: Minor fixes to the effects of several stats. Improved Flametongue calculations. Support for more buffs, trinkets, and totems, and set bonuses. Several bug fixes. Support for 3.1 changes.
- Rawr.RestoSham: Support for selecting a healing style. Support for more totems. Added more optimizable stats.
- Rawr.Elemental: Updated to use calculations from Binkenstein's latest spreadsheet. Added support for custom rotations.
- Rawr.Retribution: Fix for rounding on a few stats. Support for WoW 3.1 changes.
- Rawr.Tree: Support for WoW 3.1 changes.
- Rawr.Mage: Improvements to the advanced rotation solver. Now supports hasted Evocations and Power Infusion. Updates to a few racial base stats.
- Rawr.DPSWarr: Added Mail armor, and fixes for a few racials.
- Rawr.ProtWarr: Fixes for a few racial base stats.
- Rawr.Warlock: Support for 3.1 changes, glyphs, and some more stats and talents.
While playing around with the new v2.2.0b4, I noticed two things:
1. First, I couldn't get the absorb chance calculation for SD to work. It was 0% all the time. I had loaded the character profile from the armory. Even though Bear had been the default model, it was changed to Tree during the download process, so I changed it back to Bear. At this point SDs absorb chance was 0%. I started to enter the talent spec, changed some items and gemmings and suddenly I noticed that it wasn't 0% anymore. I do not know when the calculation actually started working, but now I always use this profile to change things, as I cannot get another new profile to work.
2. When I compare the Hateful PvP Items to the Titan-Forged ones, the only difference is Crit vs. ArP. Because ArP is a better stat for threat the Titan-Forged items get the higher overall score. This would actually lead to the statement that Rawr favorises ArP over Crit as a defensive stat due to its contribution to threat generation. This seems really odd to me, but static weights just lead to a linear behavior and dynamic weighting based on current stats is difficult without any fixed points (like we have for hit for example). So are you planning on the introduction of something like the survival soft cap for threat? Or maybe crit is just underrated, because it contributes to both, threat generation and SD uptime?
1. I've heard of a couple cases of SD chance being 0% before. If anyone can reproduce that, please post the character file that repro's it on our Issue Tracker at Rawr - Home. Also, note that it switched to Tree when you loaded your character, due to your character being spec'd Tree. Rawr will now attempt to guess which model you want to use, based on a few key talents for every class/spec. (I think for druids, it's based off of Moonkin Form=Moonkin, Tree Form=Tree, Protector of the Pack=Bear, and anything else goes to Cat)
2. Crit vs ArPen can vary alot. Like you said, ignoring threat, Crit is better (though still only slightly), but ArPen provides significantly more therat. We're currently satisfied with the way threat is valued, since it's customizable; I doubt we'll implement any sort of threat soft cap.
Well, frankly, my character is not tree spec'd. Sorry for not mentioning this. In case the spec prediction is a new feature it might not be working correctly. I can reproduce the 0% SD error every time I load my (feral spec'd) character from the armory. It is the one to the left.
Oh! Yeah, druid specs aren't correctly loaded from the Armory in this beta, since they've been updated to 3.1 talent trees, and the armory is still using 3.0 talent trees. Tree just happens to be the default if it can't tell. I'm looking into the 0% SD using your character from armory now.
EDIT: Found the bug; it wasn't calculating the player's attack speed correctly, unless you have Mongoose, or Idol of Terror. Equip either of those, and Savage Defense will be calculated properly. Fixed for b5.
Unfortunately I (former? Hunter dev) am a little short on time and I switched my main, so ... Afaik, nobody is developing the hunter module. But I'm willing to help anyone who wants to pick it up with advice. I'll also integrate and test any patches submitted.
I have a situation where a piece of gear has small green highlights at all 4 corners of the equipped icon on the paper doll. I can't find anything that tells me what it signifies, I'm guessing it has to do with being a piece that activates a meta gem, because I only have 2 other socketed pieces on this example ( [Shroud of Darkness] and a belt buckle ), and the green highlighted piece [Mind-Expanding Leggings] leapfrogs past [Gored Hide Legguards] when I enforce metagem, but drops significantly below when I turn it off.