1) Since the beginning of RAWR this little tanking programm for interested bears has become one the best and most useful theorycrafting tools for druids and other classes and an incredible help both for argumentation, improvement and success in WoW. Thank you for that Astrylian (and all the other theorycrafter from Tangedyn/Emmerald to the current generation of number cruncher, programmer and think-bears)
2) My problems with RAWR 2.1.2
- Filters does not seem to function, if you deselect sunwell and T6, the items still remain.
- Could a default filter like "blue / rare quality" and "purple / epic quality" or an item level filter be added?
- Could the itemquality (green, blue, purple) be added to the itemlist you see on the right side of the screen? So that you can see the quality of an item with just one view, similar to the old Emmerald lists? Or could the item list display all values in the item row. With hundreds of items the list is sometimes a little bit overloaded
I'm a new tankadin that didn't come in to wrath with any tank gear, so I'm using Rawr to help me map out pre-heroic and pre-raid tanking gear. Trying to get uncrittable is obviously the most important thing for me right now.
I'd like to use the "overall" sorting to help me find the best gear, but since threat is given such a high value, most pieces I see in the top are DPS pieces or tanking pieces with low mitigation and high Strength or something. What I'd really like is finding pieces that get me uncrittable, then increase my Surviveability by as much as possible.
Is it possible to add in an additional metric that values a pieces contribution to uncrittability, and value that number way higher than any of the other 3 metrics? That value for any piece would go to 0 when uncrittable is reached.
Maybe I'm thinking of too round-about of a way to get to this. The optimizer is there, but I'm not sure how to set it up so that mitigation = uncrittable.
Card carrying member of the Inapropriately in Love with Hilary Duff Society.
"Yeah, well, if we could all get what we want I would be eating dinner out of Hilary Duff's skull right now" - Salabesh
Re: Filtering. This is high on our list of priorities.
Re: Tankadin Stuff. Goto the Options tab and turn down the value of Threat. Looks like we don't have a Chance to be Crit value available to the Optimizer, I'll prod Ermad to add that, should be fairly easy.
Re: ArPenRating. Rawr keeps track of ArPenRating, but Rawr.Ret doesn't consider it relevant or do calculations based on it. Another thing to poke Zurm about.
Ya, the default threat scale is too high for level 80 gear. I set it at a good value for 70, but since your survivabliity stats lowered (because they are mostly based off of ratings) and your threat improved (mostly based on strength) it is very off for 80. I'll have that fixed for next version.
I'll also add more optimizable values aswell for next release.
If you didn't notice Tankadin is still using level 70 base stats at 80, which is causing large differences in health. That will also be fixed for next version.
Also - wouldn't it be an idea to somehow default the amount of gemming options available in gear? Some of them are outright ridiculous, like putting [Etched Monarch Topaz] into hunter gear? Just seems that a default filter of maybe only the two best possible gems be shown for each item?
I can't speak to how the Hunter model rates things. I do know that the Armory is currently bugging somehow, and returning 0 AP on some items (just refresh data from wowhead on any such items like that), so perhaps that bug may be involved. If not, ebo may be able to explain.
As far as gemmings, we having some redesigns coming in this regard. However, in the mean time, you should look at the mass gem replacement feature, Tools > Set Default Gems. Fill in what gem you typically put in each color socket, and optionally choose to delete all other gemmings, and it'll quickly replace all gemmings with ones you find reasonable. The ones you see which appear silly are because I batch made gemmings of all gear for all specs that found it relevant. In that case, that piece of gear looks relevant to an enhsham, and that's an enhsham gemming.
A suggestion, would it be hard to implement an option of the blacksmith extra socket things? I'm mainly interested in the belt one as I'm not a BS, but if someone picked up BS, I'd guess they want the bracer/etc ones too
Btw, I've always find it missing and it cost me badly a few times - is there any chance to implement a meta gem requirement check, one like the uncrittable check within your stats, that would make it obvious when your meta isn't working? I know there's some enforcing thing, but a small check within the stats somewhere would be awesome. Colouring it red for warning when the meta gem reqs aren't met would be icing on the cake. If the option's there already, sorry for being blind heh.
Some general thoughts for you Astrylian, after a few days of using the Rawr Enhancement module.
- Since I can't really filter down the lists of items right now in the right hand pane (the upgrade list) it would be nice if the "current equipped item" had a much more colorful highlight so that I can find it while I'm scrolling down. Right now its very subtle and easy to miss.
- I'd like it if there were a way to right click the items on the upgrade panel and say "equip this now", rather than having to go over to the character pane and search for the item and then add it.
- Would be nice to have an option to not show anything that is *worse* than the item currently equipped in a slot.
- turning on/off a filter immediately resets the upgrade pane and closes the filter menu, if I want to disable/enable multiple filters at once this gets pretty annoying. Is there a way you could alter this so that it applies the filtering changes once you've clicked outside the menu?
- Right click popup menus on the upgrade pane seem to get "stuck" randomly and anytime I click an item it shows the right click menu.
I don't really understand how the filters work for adding new ones, can you give some examples of how they work for current WotLK content? ie, if I wanted to add a "Heroics" filter?
I was trying on some new gear with & without the next patch armor change, and when coming to cloacks, I found something very strange : how does it come that the [Durable Nerubhide Cape] is coming out so low compared to [Slikk's Cloak of Placation] ? And that with or without the next armor change ?
Re: DKs seeing Paladin gear. Bug. We'll get that fixed. Blizz changed the ID# for DKs late in beta. Ugh.
Re: Stronger highlight on equipped item. Sure, can do something about that.
Re: Right-click equip in the comparisons charts. It's already there.
Re: Don't show anything worse than current item. Perhaps as an option. Wouldn't want that on for most users, though.
Re: Turning on/off filters. I'll look into that, probably a better way we could do this.
Re: Right-click menu getting 'stuck'. You're just seeing that both click and right-click open the context menu for items, in the comparisons chart. Personally, I agree that it seems wrong, and that right-click only should open context menus like that. But, it opening on left-click too was strongly demanded when I implemented that, and to remove that now would annoy a ton of users.
Re: Cloaks in 3.0.4 mode. Rawr doesn't yet know the difference between base and bonus armor, so it multiplies them differently in 3.0.4 mode based on slot. That works fine everywhere except for on cloaks. Bonus armor is overvalued on cloaks. Our next major version will understand the difference and be able to give accurate cloak results.
Re: How filters work. They're Regular Expressions. We're going to try to have preset ones for each tier in the next major version. In the mean time, here are some filters that a user posted on our forums (no guarantee that they work perfectly):