That said, when 4.0.1 hits you will probably have close to 40% haste in top end gear. Throw in another 10% haste from raid buffs and 15% from talents and you have ~65% haste on your rune regen.
Just a small numbers update (I can finnaly get on the PTR without it crashing)
After reforging all hit (that I could miss) and crit to haste I am currently sitting on 30.01% haste (984 rating avg. ilvl 273). That would end up as (about) 55% haste in a raid. I did try a icc 10 a few days ago on the PTR and I can't remember having any troubles with to much runes/rp but then again I probably was doing something wrong in the priority/rotation.
Knowing that the rating per % at 85 will be way harsher then they are now (as they should be ofc) I don't think there is a reachable soft cap for haste for UH but, that is a discussion better left for end game cataclysm.
Originally Posted by Reckognize
Edit 2: Unless the stat calculator on the PTR is inaccurate, it appears as though the level 80 hit cap is no longer 263, but somewhere in the low 240ish rating. I'm currently sitting at 249 hit rating and have 8.10% hit according to the in game stat sheet.
I've am seeing the same thing, after reforging some hit away I have 247 hit rating on the PTR withc is giving me +8.03% hit chance according to the character sheet.
(and after spending a few min auto attacking the heroic boss dummy none of my or my ghouls attackes missed.)
I just did some updated testing from the information posted in this forum. Gemmed, reforged etc as per Consider's OP. My gear is a mix of 277/264 items. DW: 2x 277 BvB's & 2H: 277 Cryptmaker
In order of dps from 6 min dummy beating: 2H UH Pres > DW UH Pres > DW Frost Pres.
Considers recently posted a nice "how to theorycraft correctly" in his blog. You should give it a try, link can be found at the bottom of the OP.
Spoiler Alert: Comparing dummy dps and drawing conclusions out of that is kind of... flawed. And stating that "x is superior to y" without posting results and the like just adds no good points to a discussion.
People have asked a lot what to do when RE proccs an unholy rune. As far as i know and remember you just wait for a frost rune to come up aswell and use both for an obliterate. except when there're only a couple of seconds left on your BP and you need to reapply it any time soon.
Though i'd like to see an update to the OP on how to "weave" RE-proccs into our playstyle.
Couple Questions for those who have figured it out
Guy and Gals,
I love reading these threads and have a few questions after digging through all this stuff I wanted to see if someone could clarify a few things for me. If anyone can answer these questions it would be a huge help to me and i am sure other preparing for the patch next tuesday.
1. Titans Grip - Seems like its really the only viable version of fury until cata content because of 1 handers that drop in ICC currently. Is Single-minded fury viable right now or is it a level 85 new content thing?
2. What is the consensus on a Standard rotation for TG Fury and any priorities? I see a lot of people saying different things and its somewhat vague on this thread because you have to look at the date of the thread to see if it was because of a previous build... Appreciate help on this one.
3. I guess the same could be asked of Single Minded fury but i suspect that is for later..
4. Talent builds... It seems like with the patch the furthest i can get in the Arms tree is 2 of 3 in Deep Wounds.. Incite looks pretty attractive though and was wondering if anyone can link a build of the core elements that you need at 80. I know there are a lot of utility abilities but i am only really interested in which ones you cant go without
5. The last thing i was concerned and i have been collecting the Plate with Hit... Landsoul i think your helmet might be awesome come this patch but i wanted to see what the stat priorities are as far as Geming and Gear were.. It seems confusing if you read this thread from the beginining.
Lastly wanted to thank all the people here that theorycraft their butts off. I have learned a ton about my class just reading the forums over the years and i apologize if some of these questions were answered and i missed them but downloading the PTR Build on my connection is really unrealistic so i havent been able to play with it... Any help to answering these questions would be appreciated.
What about arms warrior...? It seems that for lvl 80 will be the most viable specc...
It doesnt have high hit requirements and its obvious that rage starv will not be that of a prob. On the other hand for 80's fury seems a bit hard without hs being our rage fuel. I would really like to hear opinios cause im confused atm
I havent played the BETA at all so I don't really know too much about Cata. I have two questions.
1. Are the reforging classes going to be able to craft something that will allow other classes to reforge their items as well?
2. Single target non cleave fight is arcane beating fire in dps?
I didn't see a discussion directly related to level 80 but would it make sense to reforge our gear to have mastery instead of haste/crit when the patch hits? I'm aware that mastery increases the dot damage but at level 80 we will still have inflated crit levels compared to level 85 which results in significant ignite damage not to mention living bomb and FFB.
Sorry if this may have been touched on already, but come 4.0 changes should i be sticking with my runed/reckless gems and replacing my purified to something more useful or is there a different plan people have in mind? Obviously taking into account gemming/reforging hit if needed and reforging mastery as well, i'm just a little out of the loop on how to maximize the gear i have once stat changes are in place.
Apologize once again if this has been touched on and if i'm in the wrong place to ask this question.