I totally understand the logic 110% behind everything stated in the OP and in your replies. I guess it just doesn't sit well to look at my character stats and see a big ZERO on the expertise rating.
I ended up just reforging hit, crit and such to haste following the gear set up suggestions in the OP. After beating on a dummy for a while, checking recount and seeing nothing to make me go "OMG! I NEED EXP" I'll just have to get comfortable with the idea.
This is also coming from a dk who was DW frost for this entire content release and making the switch to unholy for the first time since Togc.
You think its good to reforge all to Mastery? Because i can only reforge Avoid and I think Avoid is better then a 4k Dmg absorb Shield. Correct me if I totaly wrong.
the 4k shield is the minimum that the shield would absorb for (given my HPs at the time). If you are only running heroics, then you might be right.
For endgame tanking, when you are taking tons of damage, your shield will be much larger. During my duel tests today, I had several 10k+ Blood Shields. So, if you raid tank, I wouldn't write off mastery so quickly. I dropped about 5% avoidance today, and picked 56% of mastery rating. Good trade IMO.
I run about 130ms. Using the numbers on the front of this thread I came up with the number 678 for being my soft haste cap. Using the number I found in an equation I found 755 to be my soft cap. Just looking for some confirmation before I reforge and regem. Thank you for the answer in advance.
Some observations and a question on current build:
- overall dps seems to have increased with something like 15% or so, due to increased EM and LvB usage
- flameshock rolls forever on the target, due to the shortened CD on LvB; naturally LvB off CD which we should exploit every time it happens. This means refreshing FS is no longer really needed anymore (or rarely)
- the BiS list has changed considerably, favouring mail healer gloves and T10 legs and mail healer boots over the cloth alternatives. I am glad I still had them for resto offspec.... Even the mail Saurfang belt is worth wearing
- the stat priority appears to be spirit/hit > mastery > intellect > haste > crit. Using ZAP on the current gearset and assuming our new priority rotation does not completely alter the numbers (mmm) this would suggest something like 5>4.5>2.5>2.1>1.7 for 277 gear. If people have better insights here, I'd love to hear it
(napkin math: 50 mastery rating = 1 mastery point = 2% overload proc = 2% chance of 75%extra dmg ~ 1.5% extra dps. On a low 15k dps this means 225dps per 50 mastery rating, so about 4.5 DEP)
- fulmination/ES at 9 lightning shield orbs will ensure we have an excellent filler spell while moving. It beats the hell out of frost shock
- nova as move-filler spell has kinda disappeared as searing totem no longer allows to use it
- the bug that searing totem does not attack if the target has not yet been attacked by us before placing the totem, appears still to be there
- I find the use of CL glyph subpar in bossfights as it is very rare you can have it jump to 5 targets. It is very nice to get overload and lightning orb building however on trash
- mana is always above the 95% level (unless we keep throwing aoe stuff)
- int gems > int/spi gems in blue slots unless you need hit. Leg, head and shoulder enchants need to be changed
- The prefered stat to convert to mastery is crit (assuming you don't have excess spirit), and it is wise to reforge every item you have for it. This actually makes items with crit sometimes more attractive then items with just haste, but well....
Does anyone have some raiding-data on whether fulmination with a fully stacked lightning orb (with and without glyph) is actually better then LB dps-wise?
Currently I use it as a filler, and I use the glyph to prevent losing a GCD for recasting the shield, but I am unsure whether it should have priority over LB in the rotation ...
first of all I was in icc25 last night ( thursday 14th ) and must say i was really dissapoited, with the mah rogue.. either im doin something REALLY wrong or mute needs to be looked at.. dps on surfang as 12k !! and before patch I was at 17-18+
and other boss´s I was a joke.. only doin above the tanks in damage.
Now i know resen´t changes have done something to all melee classes. but with an average at 274 gear I would recon I should be doin a hell of alot better..
Rotation was. garote-SaD- mute4+- evenom. ( keep rup un and SaD. ) and at 35% bagstap. and ofc keep vendetta up.
Iam I the onlyone with this problem ?? or do i need to do something diffently ?
Is the damage output for rogue really low atm ?
And why haven´t blizz said anything about rogues the past week or more..
I'm having trouble to evaluate trinkets as always. Atm I have heroic DBW and Darkmoon card Greatness (90str and 300str proc) since my trinket luck isn't the best. Is the Herkumi War token (153 haste and 340AP fully stacked ) better than the Darkmoon card?
I myself did around 10k before the patch on saurfang. Now i do 11k on him while i have upgraded quite a few items since last run. I kept up rupture with 2(sometimes 3) envenoms between the ruptures. It seems like i made a small dps drop. I dont have any logs of this (what can i use best to do this).
But looking at your log i see you also have not much to show for using rupture. Combound VW and Rupture hardly went over 10% of my dmg. In your logs it shows 5% for venomous wounds and 3,7% for rupture itself. I like the idea of the new talent but its not really performing as well as i would have hoped.
Need to ask again sry cause no one replied. =/
For Mut do you pop Garrote assuming Venomous Wounds proc from both Garrote and Rupture when you have them both up or do you Mut/Backstab instead right away to break shealth after you Vanish for Overkill buff?
I personally reforged 5% of my avoidance into mastery, I went from 45% to 40% avoidance, while gaining 57% to blood shield.
My blood shield has pretty much become a block at that level. 107% of the DS heal is nice, and I think Blood Shield is intended to be our "block" in relation to other tanks, but it works a lot better in my opinion since I can actually time it to make myself a shield before a bit damage spike.
I'm also not really missing that 5% avoidance either.
I think a safe rule of thumb is to reforge dodge/parry into mastery until you get 20% dodge, and 20% parry unbuffed. It will give you plenty of mastery to get that blood shield up.