The following is NOT intended as whining or anything like that. I just want to point out this "issue"
and maybe someone can either show me where my thoughts are wrong or we need to get the developers attention to this.
The topic is: Cooldowns!
I have had a look at all tank CDs and to me it seems there is some serious imbalance.
Of course we do not 100% know yet what role tank CDs will play in the new raid encounters.
- Survival Instincts: Reduces damage by 60% for 12 seconds. 5 min CD
- Barkskin: Reduces damage by 20% for 12 seconds. 1 min CD
- Frenzied Regeneration: Increase maximum health by 30% for 20s, heals to 30% + either "Rage to 60% health over 20s" or "30% increase to healing effects for 20s", 3 min CD
The 31-point-talent does not have any defensive use.
- Shield Wall: Reduces damage by 40% for 12 seconds. 2 min CD - OR - 60%, 4 min CD via Glyph, so this can be changed to the "better" version for every fight
- Shield Block: 100% block chance for 10 seconds. 30 sec CD
- Enraged Regeneration: Heals for 36% over 10s (no rage consumed). 3 min CD
- Last Stand: Grants 30% health for 20s. 3 min CD
Minor CDs (minor as in: likely not usefull against a raid boss, but against trash and in 5 mans):
- Spell Reflect, reflects one spell, 10s CD
- Shockwave, 4 second aoe-stun, 20s CD
- Intimidating Shout, 8 second fear, 3 min CD
The 31-point-talent has a very minor defensive use.
- Guardian of Ancient Kings: reduces damage by 60% for 12 seconds. 2 min CD
- Divine Protection: reduces damage by 20% for 10 seconds. 1 min CD
- Lay on Hands: Heals to full. 10 min CD
- Ardent Defender: reduces damage by 20% and next killing blow will instead heal to 15%. 3 min CD
Minor CDs (minor as in: cannot always be used/not always usefull):
- Divine Shield/Hand of Protection + taunt macro
- Divine Guardian: no self CD, but 20% reduced damage for everyone else for 6 seconds, 2 min CD
The 31-point-talent has a huge defensive use.
- Icebound Fortitude: reduces damage by 60% for 12 seconds. 2 min CD
- Rune Tap: heals for 15%, 30s CD
- Will of the Necropolis: 25% reduced damage for 8 seconds. Creates a blood rune and refreshed the CD of Rune Tap. 45s internal CD
- Bone Shield: 20% reduced damage on the next 3 attacks that hit. 1 min CD
- Dancing Rune Weapon: grants 20% parry chance. 1.5 min CD
- Death Pact: sacrifices the ghoul to heal the DK for 40%. 2 min CD
- Vampiric Blood: grants 15% health and increases healing on the DK by 25% for 10 seconds (OR glyphed: grants no health but healing increased by 40%).
- Anti-Magic Shell: absorbs spell damage for 50% of the DKs health. 45s CD
The 31-point-talent has some defensive use.
To me that is not balanced at all. Just check the cooldowns on the -60% damage taken effects for all classes.
Do I miss something? Or am I just plain wrong?
Hey guys, I have some questions about new Combat Rogue here.
How powerful is Heroic Abom trinket, according to Main Gauche and new huge amounts of hit and haste (thanks to reforge)?
Should I drop some hit/haste into crit, if I found myself energy-capped when I'm on AR (and, sometimes, when I'm on KSp, so I have to use FoK 1-2 times when I'm on KSp to evade energy cap)? My values of hit / haste if about 600 / 1k.
I usualy like to solo stuff to and after patch all became easier.
-For the 1st time I tryed aq40, killed 1st boss on 1st attenpt without doing a single mend pet. I done the usual tactic with only the pet dps, saved defensive CDs to reset the FD and just shoted the boss at 10k hp only so I could loot. Was easy realy.
-Soloed Battleguard Sartura, was the 1st time on this boss to, sucessed at 3rd attempt. She is allways after u but u just run away when she starts the whirlwind and she will be back to your pet (he must be like 50y away from you). No big deal
- Made some trys on Fankriss the Unyielding and I think I can solo it, I miss volley on this boss, The litle adds are kinda hard to kill without it... The pet wasnt taking to much damage and me either... Next time maybe ...
-Princess Huhuran, This boss was the surprise to me, was just tank and spank fight, nature damage up, pet defensive ccds saved for stuns (doesnt hapen much with 2/2 improved mend pet
- For the 1st time made Ossirian the Unscarred without removing his buff
- Made some hc dungeons 80 solo and many where the pet had dedicated healer
Im liking it, at 85 we making most of 70 raids and probably some bosses of naxxramas, the problem on this soloing will be the damage to us, not the pet...
Reorganizing the priority list to favor Living Bomb over Hot Streak didn't have a significant impact on end DPS in my simulator. Neither did swapping the Pyro and LB Glyphs. The "leader" of the four configurations was LB > HS Pyro with the LB glyph, by a grand total of 0.4% over the "worst" configuration which was LB glyph, HS Pyro > LB. More extreme mastery levels might (Key word there) change this relationship, but in the cookie cutter configurations Blizzard has handed as beta templates it's not really significant.
Which glyph to use will be one of those things that is "If you're a hardcore min/maxer, put yourself in a theory tool and it will tell you. Otherwise it doesn't really matter." when deciding between LB and Pyro. The priority order difference is measured in points of DPS you can count on a single hand without even cheating and using binary.
Something is way wrong with that Log. That's not the functionality I've been seeing with the "fixed" HAT.
Shakuras only threw 10 CP generating attacks in that entire log (8 Ambush crits, 2 Backstabs). For 117 Evis and 1 Rupture.
I played Sub back when HAT was originally broken. And it is not generating CPs for me like that. However, that log DOES look like that is the case. Maybe he's exploiting something? Or maybe when they fixed it, it was broken for a few hours.
Right now Backstab is my #1 dmg dealer as PVE Sub by a fairly large margin (This will only get larger at level 85 with access to PW). What I find somewhat disturbing as well is that melee damage, WP, and DP make up nearly 50% of my damage. I just don't think Sub as a spec had much thought put into it in terms of synergy. Our mastery effects the smallest portion of our dmg. Just seems weird to me.
Most damage done by Evis, and that's with H Heartpierce. We can only guess what his damage output would be like with say, H Bloodvenom. Unless he was running into energy starvation problems (highly doubtful with pure finisher spam), Coup de Grace + non-dagger 2.6 would likely generate even higher DPS.
I'm going to have to assume I'm missing something here. This parse was posted before HaT got it's 2 sec cooldown fixed to actually work (check the date).
Also (again, please tell me I'm missing something), how can "We can only guess what his damage output would be like with say, H Bloodvenom" when Eviscerate has nothing whatsoever to do with your weapon? He even specifically used a backstab and IIRC, ambush did more damage with a dagger.
Sorry for the useless padding, but it really feels like we've gone over this and can probably stop. Sub was fixed.
What are the BIS Trinkets for Destruction now? In the Simcraft-Numbers Thread they took the Sindra Trinket + DFO but also mentioned above that they took the BIS out of ICC only. So my question is whether Charred Twilight Scale is a better choice than the Sindra Trinket.
I've been trying to find whether getting spell hit capped is ideal now that DC is such a large percent of our damage. I personally have always been a 'cap' guy, sacrificing whatever it is I can to make sure I am at certain caps or 'mental block' numbers.
I have found that 289 hit (the same as it was pre-4.0) is what it takes to be spell hit capped with Virulence. I personally find it to be very useful as a missed DC equals a loss of RP and a failed chance of applying RC, thus, I am sitting at 290 hit in DPS gear and am pinned at 289 exactly as a tank to ensure that taunts never miss should they be needed.
this is prolly a question that was already ask..i have read all pages..and from reading..Hit is better then mastery...but last night in a 25 togc..a rogue with less gear then me..well some what equal gear..had mastery on some of his gear..and he was doing 2k more dps then i was..and we where doing the same rotation. so any thoughts?