Until 5man heroics, everybody leveled class of their choice. Sometimes there were posts about how paladin is too weak for 5mans, but nothing too big.
Then everyone jumped on QQ train. Since then, everybody is discussing how CoH is too powerful, how is mana regen too trivial, how is holy light glyph too good.
I think that everybody on forums like to QQ too much. Why we just can't theorycraft about what is on PTR or live servers? Why talking about how nerf this, how buff that, what if (insert spell or talent of your choice) will look differrent, or keep posting things about how I want this or that to be?
Can't we just leave this to blizzard's developers? Let them buff or nerf us or even change us - I don't care, I just want to have fun. Do not take this game too seriously. If paladin will be something completly different from what it is now, you will keep playing it or reroll or quit, but what will your QQing change? Nothing.
I am sick of all this QQing and sugesting how YOU could do things better than everybody else.
Do I like to spam HL? No, but I see this is the only option now. If 50% penalty will change paladin's rotation on live servers - will I addapt? Sure, but for now, that announcement is not final and I don't want to theorize about that.
This changes are anounced today for mages:
- Improved Water Elemental – this talent has been removed and replaced with a new talent that grants Replenishment (similar to Shadow priests).
- We are also working on a way to give frost mages Ice Lance “Shatter combos” in PvE.
- We are also working on more survivability for Fire spec in PvP.
- We are also working on making Spirit a more useful and interesting stat for all mages
Seems that we got very general information only.
Hopefully they add the opportunity to get replenishment talents also for fire and arcane mages.
I did test this spec in real fights (plague and arachne quartals). One run I did in normal spec, then the second in DW spec with no changes in cloth. The raid has five healers, with me with 2300 own and 2600 buffed in normal spec, 550 haste. The results in Recount are:
22% overal performance
24-25 - performance in a heavy damage fights
24.5% overal performance
28-31 - performance in a heavy damage fights
So I can tell that DW spec is about 15-20% more efficient than normal spec when you need to heal raid much.
I also will try this spec on Maligos this week.
From my expirience, Dual Wield Resto lacks tools for proper healing. It has better hps, but that is only when standing still, not having to care about panic heals or healing people who actually need it. Like in Naxx.
Hello everyone, first time poster, long time reader of these boards. First off I want to thank those of you for the work you put into fine tuning our class... with that said, I don't know the validity of these changes, but they were posted in my guild forums along with the rest of the other class changes and wanted to share. It is way too early to know what will be the definitive changes come 3.1, but in the meantime here are some discussed PTR changes. I find it odd that there is no HfB comments:
• Adrenaline Rush is now available to all Rogues at Level 30.
• New Talent: Focused Combat, 25 Energy, 3 min cooldown – When activated, the rogue goes into a focused state of combat, increasing all damage done by 30%, changing targets will cancel this effect. Lasts 15 sec.
• Envenom: Damage for all ranks increased slightly.
• Expose Armor: Now reduces the enemy's armor by a percent value instead of a flat value.
• Improved Expose Armor: No longer reduces the energy cost of Expose Armor. Now increases the armor reduced by 2%/4%.
• Tricks of the Trade: Duration reduced to 5 seconds.
• Prey on the Weak: Critical strike damage now increased by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25%.
• Close Quarters Combat: Increases your chance to get a critical strike with all weapons.
• Kick: Damage dealt significantly increased.
• Throwing Specialization: Also increases damage dealt by Fan of Knives by 15%/30%.
• Surprise Attacks: Damage bonus increased to 15%.
• Savage Combat: Now increases attack power by 4%/8%.
• Fan of Knives: Now causes 75% weapon damage with all weapons.
• Killing Spree: All damage dealt while this ability is active is increased by 20%.
Check out either Redcape's spreadsheet or Rawr, both will give you relative weightings of the various DPS stats available to you. If you want to know the minute details you can examine the actual formulas within the spreadsheet/code which produce those weights, but the high level summary is that when you sum up for each stat the dps contribution coefficients for each ability, strength handily beats expertise for any realistic gearing level found in WotLK.
I've noticed that my Immolate keeps 'falling off' where the debuff just disappears, but it still does damage. I haven't been able to tell if it's been giving Incinerate the damage when it happens. I'm using the default UI and I've only noticed it after the patch today.
I'm sure this has been mentioned in here some where however I will bring it back up the greatness trinket 90 int= good
trinket proc= not really sure. What I'm thinking is if greatness procs and you hit DP it regens by 25% of your total mana pool so is that good ? Plus the increase in SP and crit would be pretty sweet?
I have also been racking my brain on the gem situation.
There are just so many variables. I am mainly used as a raid healer so I find mp5 gems to be more suitable, simply because over three quartes of the time I am using chain heal and the crits do not proc my water shield. Now if I was in a situation were I was perhaps a main-tank healer using Lesser Healing Wave or Healing Wave more often I would probly lean more torwards spell power or crit.
im in both situations... i do raid healing when we have a better suited healer. otherwise i go on the main tank. but im still aoe healing cuz i want to.
cuz right now we are running 10man naxx with me and a paladin healer. the pally healer has less stats than i do, so i go on the main tank, in situations where i run with other guilds or 25man (not very often) i usually get sent on aoe healing.
I like your spec but there is a few things that I might change. As Thayer said, you do have enough haste to only need 1 point in iAotH, Personally I would put one of those points in Focused aim, take out that 16 hit rating gem as you'll still be at the hit cap, put in a little more agi and finish off your expose weakness. With the amount of agility you have, plus getting a few more by swapping out that gem, the bonus your going to get off that critt is going to be insane. Even at 1425 your getting 25% of that stacking on top, which would put you at 1781 agility. Which will also give you a greater dps overall. Going from a 66% chance to a 100% chance.
On a small tangent, when you guys dps patch do you have to run to the slime fairly often or are your guild tanks geared enough where you can just stay in and dps the entire fight? I am trying to figure out what to do on our patch kills since I seem to die everytime if I don't run to the slime every 5secs or so...it would seem from some of the wws reports i've seen that show ppl having a dps uptime of 100% that its possible to never run to slime but i'm not sure.