I actually think the benefit will be close to equal. While Arms will proc it more often, they are more likely to be overwriting an active CS. Plus, Arms is slightly behind Fury in DPS as-is and the AP boost in 4.3 will probably stretch that a bit further (as Fury is more AP-dependent than Arms while Arms is more weapon damage-dependent than Fury).
Please note the thread topic before posting. This is the Fury warrior thread, arms related discussion should go in the arms thread.
I've found out some interesting things about Bane of Doom, espacially as affliction 'lock.
Dunno if they are new or I just never noticed it.
1. BoD seems to take a snapshot of our SP when casting. So when casting BoD with potion and proccs, the whole BoD benefits from it. This also effects Apocalypse (4p t12).
2. When casting BoD on a target already affected by BoD, the duration extends by one tick. I.e. when casting BoD on a target affected by BoD with 14 secs left, the new BoD will have a duration of 1min 14secs.
3. This brings me to another interesting point. When you recast BoD with proccs and/or DS active within the same situation above, the last tick from the originally BoD will benefit from it.
This means, i.e. activate DS, refresh BoD, you will have 5 ticks with the benefit from DS instead of 4.
4. Also BoD seems to take a snapshot from the shadow embrace debuff. While Haunt still reacts dynamically, casting a BoD on a target with i.e. 2 shadow embrace debuffs, the whole BoD only benefits from these 2 stacks, even if you directly cast a shadowbolt to gain 3 stacks afterwards.
I dunno how to handle this, recasting a BoD with power torrent and volcano active are about 3k increased dmg per tick without losing the next tick from your active BoD, instead this tick also gains the 3k dmg.
With BoD ticking, then proccing volcano plus power torrent, activating rune of zeth and DS and with the lucky situation of having 4p t12 active all at once, recasting it will lead us to an significant increase in ticking dmg, with the bonus of having 5 instead of 4 powerfull ticks. While testing on a dummy, with CoE, haunt and shadow embrace active and no other buffs (i.e. SP increase, Kings) w/o proccs n stuff my BoD ticks for ~22k. Recasting it with all of buffs described above it was ticking for ~42k!
I would be happy if you also could test this and if its true, to make suggestions to what to do then.
And of course, if this was already mentioned and discussed in this forum, I'm sorry for repeating!
1. All dots behave this way. The only exception to this rule seems to be the Shadow and Flame "debuff" as it behaves more as a personal buff than a debuff but only when attacking that target. By this I mean, while it is technically a debuff the crit bonus doesn't apply as such. It only applies to dots that you have casted AFTER the debuff has been applied.
2. Again, this is the same as all other dots as well. It has been this way for quite some time now. When you clip a dot(as you should be in most cases) you get the duration of the dot+1 tick.
3. This happens with all dots, whether it be the first time they're casted or if they're just being refreshed by recasting or some other mechanic(haunt, fel flame).
4. This one actually brought something new to my attention, hence the response. The shadow embrace debuff does not affect Bane of Doom. I was unaware of this until I went to test your claim and it was quite obvious that it doesn't. Also it's very easy for anyone to test. Simply go to a target dummy and cast Bane of Doom. Wait for a tick and take note of the damage. Then cast 3 sb's before the next tick. The damage will be the same, finally recast BoD on the target and continue to SB to keep the SE debuff up. The damage is unchanged.
As far as when to cast BoD is up for debate. Personally I open with SB/Haunt during the pull and follow up with CoE before popping CD's and starting with my dots. I won't cast BoD at the start though, I wait for my buffs to pop and cast it before any fall. This way I get the best possible first BoD. This might not be the best way to do it as you do lose ~10 seconds that it could be running at the start of the fight but like I said, up for debate.
Recasting should be limited but it would be fairly easy to test again. Simply look at how much extra damage is done by recasting(which it seems like you've already done) and weigh it against the lost GCD(just use 1 SB for simplicity). If it comes out to less then it's not worth it.
Lots of this has been mentioned previously in other posts/threads but the SE debuff bit was new to me and might be to others as well(I hope I'm not alone here). Hopefully some others found this useful.
Apparatus of Khazgaroth 391 or Vessel of Accelaration 384 for Frost DW? Considering I don't have Heath of Rage 372, I got Essence of the Eternal Flame and Apparatus of Khazgaroth 378, which I'm going to replace soon.
I'm like.. 95% sure this used to be the posted rotation on this thread (post-4.2 release that is,) but now it seems to be different.
Can anyone shed any light on this? Have I been using the wrong rotation all this time? I still manage to pull 21-26k dps on FL bosses but maybe I can be doing better?
The specific opener isn't going to matter too much. If you're hard casting SB at the start of the pull, that's going to be a DPS loss. But if you're pre-casting it with a tanks countdown it might be ok.
Recently I've been doing an admittedly strange opener of:
Once as many my procs light up (Normally I will have, Lightweave, PowerT, Zeth, DMC, sometimes 4pc)>BoD
I wondering how the DMC currently compares to other trinkets.
I have DMC, LtS, and CW (reg), and I don't know if I should drop the LtS and because I can always reforge to hit, or if the DMC was nerfed far enough to make LtS/CW the way to go.
Hi! Im picking up the mageclass again after som time away from it!
Been reading the forums but cant find any answer to question!
What im wondering is after first burn phase and conservephase, when my cooldowns starts to come back, AP comes back like 30 secs (more?) before Mana gem and trinket. Is it worth waiting with AP until i got all cds back or should i start burnphase 2 with only AP ?
Some ppl will probably say depends on fight, but now i meen in general with a simple fight 5 minutes or so
I have been reading over the recommended talents and i feel i have caught on to something. I see it is recommended to take the imroved life tap talents which if you had a 100k hp would convert 15k hp to 21k mana (assuming i have worked it out correctly) leaving you with 85k hp if done at full health.
If you were to take 2 points of Demonic Embrace instead of life tap you sacrifice 16k hp for only a 19.2k mana return. I know it is costing 1k more health for 1.8k less mana return but it would also leave you with 91k hp which is 6k more hp as an end result.
I suppose it would come down to personal preference but I'd like to know others thoughts of the benefits in a raid situation as I think it would greatly help healers and still provide a decent increase to mana gain from life tap.
As a side note, if you were to simply cast life tap 6 times with ImpLT then you would gain 126k mana as opposed to 2 points in demonic embrace gaining only 115k mana but this is never likely to occur and you would still finish with more health therefore more survivability. (would also imrove health gained from drain life in situations that called for it as well as healthstone).
I look forward to seeing anyones thoughts on this.
You can not get past 3d talent tier without Improved life tap. There is no more options to go. Improved Fear is useless and Curse of Exhaustion can be usefull, but It still will not allow you to take Demonic Embrace.