Noob questions! So currently pre-3.1 for Mutilate builds, what's the best MH/OH weapons and what poisons do you use. After 3.1, what changes should I consider to what holds what and what poisons go where?
Hi i'm new of the forum^^
I've downloaded rogue spreadsheet version "f" and it seem that vHAT 10/17/44 with Blood Spatter,Ruth and 2 point in LR doing very good damage^^
Can anyone would confirm this spec?
Thx for the great forum and useful threads^^
Edit:weapons are CG/SR with WP/DP
Edit:to confirm use only eviscerate^^
I want your opinion on this guys, on potential ways to solve the dps issue for Moonkin and balance druids. Largely revolves around making eclipse work better. for PvE eclipse is the key. Dps is too dependent on it. This is not a bad thing off course, if it worked very well. The issue we all know is when that Lunar eclipse takes ages to proc, or when eclipse procs and you have to move - then your dps plummets. No matter how skilled you are! You can be 3rd or 4th in the dps meter on one fight, and nearly last amongst the dps on another, no matter how skilled if 2 of these problems occur.
Secondly. In pvp, dps is poor on the move and burst wise. Why? Well our dps can compete well with others if eclipse is proccing regular AND you add FoN every 3 mins, and Starfall every 1.5mins. The problem is eclipse is a large chunk of that dps, and only works if you're standing still which you can never do in PvP for longer than a few seconds. This is doubly compunded by the fact that it takes a long time of casting to get it up. So you almost lose out altogether from a necesary damage boost for pvp which leaves you lagging 20-40% behind other dps casters.
In our opinion, is definitely to add a new spell. No, don't wait for Version 4, or patch 3.2 even, new spells have been added in minor patches before .It's needed urgently, especially for PvP. If designed well, a new spell and some tweaks to eclipse could solve both problems. Here is our proposal. I'd like you guys to discuss these ideas pinched off the wow forums. Pros and cons.
Give a new spell.
The rotation could use spicing up in PvE, in addition to eclipse, and this can also help solve some of the issues with eclipse. This makes the build more exciting especially if you make it a base ability at level 75, and solve the burst on the move problem in PVP.
Two good suggestions are to go with a Reverse lifebloom for which I will use the placeholder name of Moonflare or a reverse Swiftmend I will use the place holder name of Nature’s fury.
A. Moonflare [Level 75]
Does xyz damage over 7sec. When Moonflare completes its duration or is dispelled, it flares doing abc damage. This effect can stack up to 3 times on the same target.
Glyph of Moonflare extends its duration by 1 sec; all talents affecting Moonfire affect it, Moonfire spell power co-efficient.
B. Nature's Fury[Level 75]
Consumes an Insect Swarm, Moonfire, Rake, Lacerate or Pounce DoT or Bleed effect on the target to give 8 secs worth of damage and 16 secs of Pounce instantly. 8 sec cooldown.
Glyph of Nature's Fury, Extends the duration of the DoT by 5sec rather than consumes it. The ability's crit rate and GCD are affected by your crit and haste values. The effect of eclipse also applies to Nature's Fury equally as it would to starfire or wrath. [Remove the bleeds if you don't want to boost feral damage.]
My recommendation goes with Moonflare. It’s more original, balances the arcane based and nature based offensives, and can work better as a fill in. If you allow eclipse to boost Moonflare by say 15% (as a one up guess) [i.e. 15% crit when lunar eclipse and 15% damage when solar eclipse] and eclipse truncates its flare to 5secs regardless of glyph or Nature’s splendor talent. Then it will work like this. The dps parsers will note that
1. during an Eclipse, standing still and casting wrath/starfire will give you a higher damage/dps than moving and stacking Moonflare up to 3 times for triple flare every 5secs. However, you must design the difference to be about 5% - this diminishes any dps lost because you can’t afford d to stand still and nuke if on the move. [To get the right number you will have to tweak how much of eclipse boosts Moonflare, 15% may be too little or too mcuh, adjust accordingly]
2. On a normal rotation, the highest dps is actually achieved by only refreshing Moonflare when it’s about to run out, rather than wasting GCDs stacking it to 3x then spamming wraths/Sf in the mean time. A clever addition could have Improved Insect swarm talent allow a Moonflare to refresh an IS but that might be too much.
To make this talent better, someone suggested that to trigger Lunar eclipse, if your first wrath crit fails to proc it, then the next wrath crit has a 20% greater chance (i.e. 80%) to proc lunar eclipse, and if that fails then the 3rd gets a wrath crit with 100% chance to proc the Lunar Eclipse.
Giving charges to eclipse instead of a timer, or a fixed number of Starfires and Wraths as opposed to a timer, will make this talent less burdensome to use if you have to move around. –however this would almost certainly result in a dps loss as it would take much longer to get all eclipsed starfires/wraths off reducing the average amount of time spent dpsing under eclipse when you add cooldown to it. However having a new spell as a dps filler could make this a no problemo.
What do you think?
Last edited by Cycloni : 04/09/09 at 8:08 AM.
Reason: Grammar editing
Maybe a Haste Prob with this Macro .. Here is a Screen "Just OOM"
I have no special probs with this Macro.
9.33 % Haste
3 questions my friend:
1. I can't see which macro you are referring to, can you show me?
2. What spec were you using at the time of making this screenie?
3. What's the add-on called you use for those timer-bars in your screenie? I mean the bars with the Loatheb's Shadow cooldown in it.
Thanks for the help.
Edit: i'd like to see less people asking things like 'He, does this macro work'? Trying to learn or at least read something useful here, dont post non-tested stuff in here, instead make some work of it before asking others.
As for my surviving-running-macro --- tested --- here it is:
You linked the exact same build as in the OP which is 0/18/53, not 0/19/52....
EDIT: As I thought, You're running a suboptimal build. There's no reason you should put 4 points in Icy Talons, You';ll have another DK or an Enh Shammy Providing the buff for you. Those just become wasted points...
So, I'm new to posting but have been a long time reader. This is my first rogue I have ever rolled and got 80 in late January. There is far too much information for me to read that dates back prior to me even thinking of rolling a rogue, so sorry if I missed something.
So here we go, after countless hours of plugging in gear in vulajin's spread sheet. I still get 2 piece bonus with [Valorous Bonescythe Helmet][Valorous Bonescythe Pauldrons] with [Chestguard of the Recluse][Leggings of the Honored] and [Frosted Adroit Handguards] is far greater then 4 piece bonus with [Chestguard of the Recluse] (maybe I'm doing something wrong on the spread sheet, I don't know). Now I have read from various forums/websites and heard from personal opinions that 2 piece with the 3 offset pieces is far superior. But I've heard that 4 piece is best with Recluse chest. Me personally I don't see 5% energy off of a 40 energy sinister strike combo move (2/2 spec'd) is worth it over the 3 best in slot items I linked. If anyone can clarify this or shed some light on this I would appreciate it. So is a 38 energy ss greater then a 40 energy ss given the amount of stats you are losing by not picking up the Maly/2D sarth pieces? I could maybe see if I was Mut spec'd, since the energy cost is greater.
BTW I don't have any of these 3 offset pieces and sadly am still using 5/5 Valorous, but when and if they drop... I'm next in line for any of the pieces and just wondering why it wouldn't be worth getting.
I am not sure if this has been talked about earlier in the thread, and I do not feel like going and searching or it. But, come 3.1 are people going to take Divinity or just keep our spec basically the same? I am assuming the later since Hpala is already so overheal intensive adding a 5% more healing talent is just going to make us overheal more in most instances.
Okay, i know this is kind of changing the subject, but me and the other fury warriors in my guild have been looking for a list of items that are currently best in slot when all put together. If someone could post up one of these for us it would be greatly appreciated!