Hey EJ. You guys are really the best at what the thoery crafting and math, where as I fail at math. Which leads me to my question. How can i determine if the increased intellect from ancestral knowledge (5/5) is enough of Ap with Mental Dexterity to beat the damage output of all 3 points in improved LS. Because as of now, its one or the other, i wish i could i free up my improved Wf totem points but the 3 dks we bring are unholy and blood /sigh. Thanks EJ
Last edited by Nokturnis : 06/18/09 at 4:49 PM.
Reason: add someitnhg
Those are live numbers, correct, not sims for the 3.2 patch? Because if so, you'll have changes with empowered imp proccing the same amount of time, but giving us a guaranteed crit every time.
Yes, 3.1 + talent changes. People were specualting, I used some numbers. I'll explain my thoughts on the imp here.
Forgive me if I get this wrong, as I said I'm not good with probability. If I have a 40% chance to crit that is increased to 60% some of the time (which results in a ~120 dps gain), then a 40% chance to crit that is increased to 100% some of the time should result in a fair amount more dps. Despite the talent being tripled in this case (20% --> 60%) the dps doesn't triple due to probability. As you approach 100%, the value per point is decreased.
My imp had around 17% crit and cast 162 times. This "should" result in 27-28 crits. Before the buff I would have a 60% chance to crit for around 12k (6k hit).
27 non crits x 6k damage x 40% to do so = 65k damage
27 crits x 12k damage per crit x 60% chance to crit = 194.4k damage
Total damage: 259.4k
27 crits x 12k damage x 100% chance to crit = 324k damage
Increase of 25%, for my gear level. Thus 120 dps x 1.25 = 150dps, which is close to the F&B nerf (and less than I expected). Considering that sometimes I will be critting with Chaos Bolt/Conflag (more damage) or Immolate (less damage) I suppose this works out, but is subjective to when the Imp crits.
Just got my 4 piece last night was curious if there is a new spec to use ,also if anyone could take a look at my character and tell me if i should change anything..i know gloves are not enchanted yet ,
If this is wrong thread to post in let me know thxs