i think blizzard could do something with damage shield in its current attire, either they can change it completely, or add to it, the latter being preferable of course.
It's such an unnoticeable amount of threat/damage, particularly on single targets(especially slow hitters, does even less on mobs that use lots of magic) that i think it could get some extra attention.
my suggestion is this: Damage Shield: "Allows the warrior to wield their shield as a weapon, dealing 20% of their BV as damage with a 2.00 attack speed"
i think this could be really effective, and its practical in many ways:
1) you get the feeling of dual-wield tanking, which we all secretly dream about at night, and we all know there have been some really feeble attempts of trying this (like deep fury specs back in TBC/vanilla)
2) the damage will allow warriors to generate BOTH rage and extra threat when NOT getting hit, the rage thing has been a big issue, and if this is implemented, blizzard would not have to tweak how much rage we get on our damage done alone (which would make things messy for arms/fury warriors who deal alot of white damage, but prot does not)
3) the damage from the shield isnt really going to make prot warriors OP in dps or anything, and the talent itself is so deep in prot, you can't really see it being abused(by other builds) in pvp anyway
4) i honestly think this effect can be ADDED to the current design of damage shield, the extra threat and dps we get from it in its current state is SO miniscule right now (a. we need to get 15points in arms for DW just so we have a shitty dot when aoe tanking like a really weak consecrate, b. we get smashed for 20,000 damage and we get to reflect 200-300 back -_-)
5) it would just feel common sensical to allow warriors to finally utilize the shield as a real weapon (shield slam is the only offensive damage tool with a shield we have, they even removed damage from shield bash a while back) so it would make sense on a Roleplaying/Lore point i suppose
6) this would also allow us to generate a little bit of rage back when spamming heroic strike/cleave
BONUS: COME ON ITS FREAKING DUAL-WIELDING. KIND OF.
p.s. theres still issues of like dual-wield hit rating penalties i haven't figured out yet, but this is just all theory
I am almost at a loss for words reading this last bit of the MM thread, I am not sure if people just lack the ability to read or if they really are that dense.
First off sunder armor lowers the armor of a target, hunters do physical damage, armor mitigates physical damage. It sounds pretty useful to me.
Mange/trauma increases how much a bleed does, piercing shots is a bleed. This also sounds like a pretty big increase to the damage we do.
Finally I don't want to come off as too rude here but i can probably count 15-20 posts that say the following, the SS glyph's effect where you do 10% more damage with SS when SRS is applied was added to the talent Marked for death. Therefore you do not need the glyph to get the 10% boost for your SS. This 10% from the talent is of course on top of what you would normally get for having the talent in the first place (so 20%). This is not something that seems intended so it will temporarily allow hunters to forgo the SS glyph for something else.
I am probably going to get banned for answering such lazy questions but it is remarkable how little work people will do on their own; and to top it all off I'm the one answering them!
One last note, please use brain before posting my face has been meeting my palm far too often as of late.
compared my dps to some other mage who hasnt got 4 pcs t9 yet.. he is using 3 pcs of t9 and 2 pcs of t8.. i kinda lose out on dps compared to him.. by right i should have more crit.. but his having like 75% crit from fireballs according to recounts.. some how i am also getting around 75%.. but his critting for 15-16k but im only critting 13k..
really wonder if its worth going for 4 pcs t9 for the extra 5% "CHANCE" or should i stick to 2 pcs t8 for the "off cd 350 SP for 15 sec" proc.. lol..
Can someone tell me the benefits to taking 3/3 IA as opposed to 2/3? I remember reading it was addressed in a mage questions thread, but I couldn't find it in any of the ones here. I'm trying to decide between 2/2 Magic Attunement or 3/3 IA.
Yes, as mugon86 has mentioned (as well as many others), Marked for Death is currently bugged in regard to it giving you the Glyph of Steady Shot effect for free. It does not stack with the glyph, so you can forgo that glyph and get something else (as others have mentioned before).
I choose to sell items that people feel they "must" have and WILL buy again ... flasks.
This is my main money-maker, and I stay at 10,000 G on my toon almost all the time .... except when I bought the Kirin Tor ring!
Here's my question: are other herbalists having a LOT of trouble finding Frost Lotus these days? I used to find at least 1 - 3 a day with minimal farming, and would buy extras to supplement for 18G or so on the AH. Flasks sold on my server for at least 25G/flask; my profit per flask was, at least, 200 - 300 percent.
HOWEVER! I haven't found a Frost Lotus in 12 days, they are selling for upwards of 40G each on my AH, and flasks are no longer profitable to produce.
Any ideas? Secret pots or elixirs that sell like wildfire and use cheap herbs?
I'm a formerly flush alchemist watching my fortune FAIL.
Hello, I quit WoW about three months ago and now that I have come back, so much has changed and I can not seem to find a good PvP spec for lvl 80 hunters. also what are the main stats that I should be looking at and pets and so on. Can anyone help me? would appreciate it very much thanks