I have read this whole thread several times and everyone keeps talking about SS. I am speced at 3-13-55 and use OB in place of SS. I have 2 t8 and 2 t9 gear items and have the Sigil of Virulence. My rotation is PS,IT,BS,BS,DC,HOW,OB,OB,DC. I don't have SS used anywhere should I be using SS or not. I have been hitting 4000 DPS with an average of 3300.
This hunter is my first and really only toon. I've been playing him for over 9 months. I have read pretty much everything in this site and unfortunately I still don't understand a lot of what is discuss. The level of knowledge is much higher than mine, so don't flame me, just tell me where I can get some more basic info if I'm out of line.
1) explosive shot sometimes gives me a 3 shot series, this i assume is what is referred to as proc. How do make this happen faster, or better yet what sets the frequency.
2) I am strickly looking to improve dps and damage done. nearly 100% 25 man raids with my guild. They haven't thrown me out, so I assume I'm ok, but some of the numbers posted are significantly better than mine. My gear is not great, but definitely respectable. My dps for a tank and spank, where I pretty much just stand there and blast away is between 3.5k and 4.5k.
3) shot rotation macros? are there any? it seems like timing doesn't macro well.
4) hit rating currently mine is at 199, but I never see misses, why is that if my cap is closer to 262?
5) My gem priority is always agl, crit, haste, armor pent (even tho i have never gemmed for armor). I will at hit if i have yellow slot and Im short of the 262.
thanks for any help.
Anyone have the numbers on the buff to the Quaking Earth totem. Is still Wind the better of the two? (400 AP up from 200). Took Wind myself and will be kinda disappointed if Quaking comes out far ahead..
Nosformou, All of your questions(and many more) have already been answered if you go back and look at previous posts. But, to sum it up, no you do not have to be expertise capped(which is 6.5%) and 2nd idol of mutilation wins out over idol of ravenous beast.
Correction: Crypt fever increases disease damage done by 30%, Ebon Plague does that, and increases magic damage done by 13%. So it is not nerfing disease damage to skip it as long as you pick up Crypt Fever.
you would probably be right but when i did the test i was using the totem of hex, before i loged i dueled someone so i used the thunderfall totem for the duel.
my haste is 744, where my crit unbuffed is only 25.67%, which might be the problem, i probably need more crit. though raid buffed i have over 33% crit so normally crit isnt much of a issue.
also another isssue i dont have the electrifing winds totem yet, but even with that my test showed that my over all dps was higer with these totems, of corse my spellpower with my totems was only 3033, and i only have two pieces of t9.25 and two pieces of t9, so at this time it looks like these totems are best for me.
unless im doing something wrong again, and im sorry i didnt include that info about my gear before.