You have multiple armor penetration gems... just replace one of them with an agility gem.
yes i know i have mutiple ArP gems which are all 20 ArP gems so if i replace 1 ill drop to 730 and then with Mjolnir runestone ill be at 1395, 5 ArP below the cap so what im asking is if it affects me in a bad way to be 15 above the 1400 until i get new items/ re-gem new items etc etc
For the past few months I have been playing my druid as Dual Spec Balance and Restoration . I have recently desired to switch to a Feral and Restoration. I would like to be able to tank and dps effectively. However I have been unable to find a decent guide one how to do this. Does anyone know of a good place too look?
Scourge Strike: Redesigned. The base ability now deals 50% weapon damage plus an additional amount as physical damage. However, for each disease the death knight has on the target, the target will take additional shadow damage equal to 25% of the physical damage done.
Death Knight Tier-9 4-Piece Bonus: This set bonus no longer grants Frost Fever a chance to be a critical strike. It still grants that possibility to Blood Plague.
We are trying to make haste a slightly more attractive stat for classes that utilize a lot of damage or healing over time spells, specifically Shadow priests, warlocks (though especially Affliction) and Resto druids. We realize other classes use hots and dots too, but I think we can all agree that it's a bigger problem for the ones I mentioned.
I'm going to share with you an idea that the class and item designers came up with for 3.3. This is a work in progress so it's possible we'll end up going a different way after we see how it plays. However I also wanted to explain our logic here in case it wasn't obvious.
We have new tech that will allow specific hots and dots to tick faster -- the time between ticks would decrease. This means more damage or healing per time but also having to refresh those spells more often. Since there is a trade-off, we're not sure the change is a no-brainer, especially in the healing case.
Because of this, we are planning on introducing the concept through glyphs. Glyphs represent a great test bed for new ideas because they are easier to change (and easier on the players when we do change them) compared to core spell functions or even talents. If we like the way it feels and players like the way it feels and the glyphs prove popular or fun, then this may be the kind of thing that shifts from glyphs over time -- not unlike the way some favorite set bonuses eventually become talents.
For 3.3 we are talking about introducing three new glyphs for Shadow Word: Pain, Corruption and Rejuvenation that would allow these spells to tick faster with the more haste you have. There are glyphs of Corruption and Rejuv already, and we're not sure how we're going to resolve those yet. For Shadow Word: Pain, we are likely to rename the current glyph to Glyph of Mind Flay, remove the old Glyph of Mind Flay, and increase Mind Flay by 10 yards in the base spell.
Again, these are not promises (nor ponies). For a variety of reasons, you may see these changes on the PTR or you may not. If you do see any or all of the three glyphs implemented however, we wanted you to have some idea of what we were trying to do. Feedback is certainly appreciated, especially if you get to try them out.
Bliz must really hate rj blanketing the raid.
Last edited by Sheshonk : 10/07/09 at 11:56 PM.
Reason: Gotta think before I post!
Bliz must really hate rj blanketing the raid. Overall this change will be a loss of heal throughput because your GCD remains locked at 1second while the duration of the hot shortens, resulting in less rj's total.
Total HPET remains exactly the same; it's just higher per-target HPET spread over fewer targets.
Currently I'm using Heroic Victor's Call (83 Exp rating) as my only other trinkets are Mark of Supremacy (128 Hit) and the 190 AP PvP trinket. To be paired with DMC:G
With VC I'm at 29/29 Exp (over cap but using Mark I'd be at 390 hit and 19 Exp, so figured I'd use the exp atm 'til I actually get a good trinket) and the spreadsheet still lists Expertise as my #2 stat just barely behind Agility (2.04 vs 1.98). Also if I remove the Exp trinket the EP value actually goes down, even though I drop 7 below the cap. Am I doing something wrong?
Also I see AP isn't listed in the EP value table. But wouldn't AP have a 2.2 static EP value (Like str 1.1 - 10% AP raid buff) thus making it better than Agi, at least in my gear? But agi gems are still recommended (I never managed to get 4pc T8 and am already getting 258/245 gear so going to quit trying to finish it)
I couldn't find a better place to post the latest PTR Patch 3.3.0 other than here. A number of these changes will impact the spreadsheet.
* Call Stabled Pet: Cooldown reduced from 30 minutes to 5 minutes.
* Deterrence: Now also increases the chance for ranged attacks to miss the hunter by 100% while under its effect.
* Misdirection: Redesigned. Instead of having finite charges, it now begins a 4-second timer when the hunter using Misdirection performs a threat-generating attack, during which all threat generated by the hunter goes to the friendly target. In addition, multiple hunters can now misdirect threat to the same friendly target simultaneously.
* Intimidation: If the hunter’s pet is in melee range of its target, the stun from Intimidation will now be applied immediately instead of on the pet’s next swing or attack.
* Avoidance: This talent has been replaced by Culling the Herd. Hunter pets now innately take 90% less damage from area-of-effect abilities like all other class pets. This does not apply to area-of-effect damage caused by other players.
* Cower: Redesigned. This ability no longer affects threat, and instead reduces damage taken by the pet by 40% for 6 seconds with a 45-second cooldown. While cowering, the pet’s movement speed is 50% of normal speed. Cower now only has a single rank and is available at pet level 20.
* Culling the Herd: This pet talent has replaced the Avoidance talent in the pet trees (Hunter pets now gain that benefit automatically without expenditure of talent points). Culling the Herd increases pet and hunter damage by 1/2/3% for 10 seconds each time the pet deals a critical strike with Claw, Bite, or Smack.
* Demoralizing Screech: The attack power reduction from this ability has been increased by 40%, equaling the maximum possible attack power reduction from the abilities of other classes.
* Improved Cower: Redesigned. This ability now reduces the movement penalty of Cower by 50%/100%.
* Venom Web Spray: Range increased from 20 yards to 30 yards.
* Web: Range increased from 20 yards to 30 yards.
* Wolverine Bite: This talent is now enabled when the pet lands a critical strike rather than from the target dodging the pet’s attacks. In addition, this talent no longer has a prerequisite.