It is the right gear and “skill” that delivers great number on dps-meters. While the “gear” aspect is discussed thoroughly, the “skill” part is kinda left out.
The purpose of this thread is to share tricks and tips on different encounters dps tactics. This includes staying alive (since a dead damage dealer does 0 dps) and dealing highest dps possible.
The text below is there just to get the discussion going and will be updated as certain points are proved false and new useful ideas are added.
- While on the boss and when thrown in the air by the spikes, continue Judging and using Consecration with Exorcism and as this spells still reach the target while you are flying.
Grand Widow Faerlina
- If your raid keeps the adds CCed, go on the Faerlina right after the pull. Otherwise, you risk breaking CC or losing dps without Consecration and DS.
- Wait for the 2nd hateful tank to be hit and then approach the boss.
- Try to get in the lower dps group for the adds. That way you will not have to stop dps if your add is dying too fast.
- On the boss, while in the + or – camp, stay in the center of the group to get maximum number of buffs. Boss has a pretty large hitbox.
- When changing camps, run kinda around and not through the boss so that you could continue auto-attacking and using CS.
Heigan the Unclean
- When dancing, make sure to throw Exorcism and Hammer of Execute if it’s available.
- Try to position yourself in a way that allows your Consecration and HW hit the adds. Even if that means attacking the boss from the front.
Gothik the Harvester
- Get to the undead side so that you could use Exorcism and Holy Wrath
- When it does not interfere with you dps abilities, cast Sacred Shield on yourself to reduce the aura ticks and increase the chances of staying alive.
- Use instant FoLs to get yourself out of trouble.
- Sapphiron is taunt immune, so you could safely add Hand of Reckoning every cooldown. It is only like 25 dps extra though, all you would have to do is add a /cast Hand of Reckoning to a macro with 1 of your attacks.