I haven't had a chance to do testing on this personally yet, so I was wondering if maybe one of the other three resto druids with the talent might know.
How does the damage reduction of resilience stack with the damage reduction on natural perfection?
Let's say I got crit by an attack that does 2000 damage before either, I have 3/3 natural perfection for 10% damage reduction on crits against me, and enough resilience to reduce crit damage by 5%.
I assume it works one of two ways:
1) Additively. 10% is added to the 5%, for a total of 15%. The 2000 crit lands for 1700 total.
2) Multiplicatively. Order of natural perfection or resilience shouldn't matter as the end number is the same (correct me if wrong please). The 2000 is reduced by 5% to 1900, and then natural perfection takes off 10%, for an end result of 1710.
Not a huge difference either way but it's certainly more attractive if its the first.
Spell Effect: Apply Aura: Reduces Attacker Critical Hit Damage with Melee by %
Since it is its own aura, and only works on melee and ranged, I would be shocked if it was anything but multiplicative. From a coding standpoint it would be a nightmare to merge it with resilience into an additive value, with pretty much zero benefit to game mechanics.
Either way, it's still one of those "must have" talents for large-scale arena.
Raiding is full of challenge. Sometimes there is fire. You have to not be in the fire.