This is my current UI tweakings. A lot of the layout is set up using kgPanels. I prefer to have all of my bars up on my screen and most of my pertinent raid items in a third of my screen (center to lower right). Did not include Recount, since I don't always have that turned in; it is above my chat box when it is.
I've thought about throwing something together in Illustrator or PS to make a more decorative area around the text and action bars, but it would just get in in the way for raiding (running 1440x900 on a MacBook Pro 15", so not much else I can do with scaling). May try to add some accent lines or fairly basic shapes
If someone has questions about it, just send me a PM.
Visible addons include:
kgPanels (squares and borders across screen)
Prat (chat window)
DoTimers are to the right of my player frame, cast bar above Action bars, and target cast bar towards to top center of the screen. SCT scrolls to the right and left of the action bars, below the player/target frames.
showing where hidden bars are (they show on mouse-over):
Not much has changed since my last post, but a few minor tweaks have been made. I removed the eePanels and added PowerAuras, for visual queues for things such as Decimation procs and to alert me when the Lifetap glyph buff falls off. Overall, it works really nicely for me while raiding; it gives me all the info i need, and still be spread out and very unintrusive, giving me a good view of whats going on around me. So far its one of the few UI's I've made that has lasted me for a while. I'm usually quick to get bored and change stuff up hehe.
Here is mine
It has 3 invisible buttons
1. the gargoyle on the left will summon my land mount
2. Clicking the hooded angel guy on the right will summon my Flying mount
3. Clicking the blue mana orb on the bottom right will cast life tap (I'm a lock so it makes sense I suppose a mage could make it evocate)
4. Not really an invisible button but right clicking on the red health orb brings up the player menu (leave group loot settings etc...)
Also 6 popout menus (see second SS for examples)
Popout menus displayed and vehicle bar Automatically switched for pet info
Info Addons game information
MobMap + 14 Databases for it
Atlas + Its 4 parts
AtlasLoot + its 5 parts
Deadly Boss Mods+ its 8 parts
Fubar + Broker charactor info
Auctioneer (I'm not going to list all its subs)
Random stuff required by other mods
I could package the mods for download but its 170 megs so I thought Id wait to see if someone actually liked it before going to that trouble
cbh viewport (the black bar at the bottom)
power auras (the one visible in the shot, is a life tap reminder)
Move Anything! which is used for the sole purpose of moving my buffs 2 inches to cover where the minimap usually is
I play on a 15.4'' laptop screen so I cant fit recount and omen into the cbh viewport space which is the only real complaint I have about my interface. I have several bars along the sides of the screen that are set to fade out unless moused over such as buffs, summons, rituals, and mounts along with the game menu. I also have an entire action bar dedicated to my mouse buttons which is permanently set to invisible
Winco, that's a very impressive UI you have.
Just one opinion, I seemed to miss any visual indicators of your life percentage, except for Grid.
Is your unit frame really not displayed ? Seems hard to me to know when to chug a potion or a healthstone...
1. Download the above file.
2. Unzip it into a folder. You should now have 2 new zip files.
3. Navigate to your World of Warcraft folder and then to your Interface folder
4. Rename your current Addons folder something else. (I use Addoffs)
5. Extract the file Addons.zip in its place.
6. Return to your World of Warcraft folder.
7. Open the WTF folder. then open Account.
8. Rename the folder with your account name (I just add 1 to the end)
9. Create a new folder named exactly as the one you just renamed was prior to the renameing.
10. Extract Account .zip inside the new folder.
11. Open the new folder and rename REALM the name of your realm.
12. Open the realm folder and rename MAIN with the name of the character you wish to use the UI with.