@keltzed: yes, multiple filters are in the todo list, this should not be long now
@Cartega: it's now possible to scroll the aura list with mousewheel, or pgup/pgdn key
new beta (16) is up, with a lot of improvements:
- It's now possible to save the log in a proprietary packed format (*.wcr) for faster futures usages or web upload if needed. If a time-period is selected, only the period is saved, otherwise it's the whole log.
- Wcr now support the 'open with' (or command line) windows system possibility. You just need set *.wcr file to wowcardio in windows 'open with' menu.
- It's now possible to scroll down NPC list in main view, and Aura list in detailled view with pgup-pgDown key and/or mouse wheel (the cursor must be over the name column in this case)
- Added a time-Mesuring tool (alt - Left Click)
- Added a DamageOverkill filter, to quickly see killing blows
- 'Enchant' and 'Environmental effects' are now shown in the spell-list
- Added a (very) rudimentary stat-export in the stats view.
- Hpline calculation for NPC has been improved. It's also possible to say to WowCardio to save the estimated Hp pool for a specific mob in NPC unit options (boss are saved by default)
- Dps/hps lines now have relative ratio for same type of NPC.
- Pressing Esc while parsing stop ... the parsing.
- few Memory optimization and internals improvements.
Thank's for the kind word Unravel. If I can find a mac, I will take a look on your tool^^
new version of WCR anyway
- Added a combat-Block headers. Use Space/backspace keys to cycle through recognized combat-blocks
- Added multiple and saved filters. The default filter is the current dynamic one, it can be saved in fixed filter. Note that Multiple filters logical is 'OR'. You can activate/desactivate filters with their check box. For structural reason, enchants and environnements spells can't be saved anyway.
- Preferences and options are now saved through sessions. (in WCRfolder\data\prefs.ini)
- The activity calculation has been adjusted. Activity column has also been added in the stat view.
- Added a mitigation column in the statview. This can be use to evaluate the amount of resist/absorb/block.
- All npc of the same type can now be temporary added directly in the 'boss combatlist'
- Added an log anonymiser. Press Ctrl-Alt-A to change all players/pets names.
I'm very interested in paraphrasing your code in Java, as my WoW analysis pet project needs some combat log parsing and visualization capability. Just from a UI standpoint, it looks like things would be pretty easy to copy over (any MFC or other unique-to-windows classes you use have reasonably similar Java equivalents).
The perks for you and the WoW community are platform independence, and the possibility of embedding your application as an applet in a webpage.
Are you planning on making your source code available?
Beta 18: Just a quick fix for a problem with new player GUID format in wow 3.1.
@Ullas, I have not yet decided what I will doing with the sources.
It's still in heavy developpement, so I wish to keep them closed for the moment.
Anyway I will probably release them in the future if i can find the time to document (and to clear) them correctly.
Here is a new version with Raid dps/hps overview.
- Dps/hps lines calculation has been switched to linear mode by default, since it's the most accurate mode. Smooth (and slower) calculation is available through options (if you want to compare dps performance between different raid session, be sure to use the same mode)
- Added raid overview dps/hps lines. The raid output header can be resized by moving its bottom line in the gfx view.
- Added support for focus/filter in dps/hps lines (raid or players), and proper functions like auto/manual update
- Added option to exclude self damages for damage done output (lines and stats)
- Added option to cap Overkill damage, to prevent huge spike in dps lines (Mimiron can blast for 5millions )
- All filtered events now appear in gfx view regardless their importance in zoom level.
- Proper handle of SPELL_CAST_START and SPELL_CAST_FAILED events, also added an option to disabled SPELL_CAST_FAILED events completely.
- SPELL_CAST_START and SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS are now only drawn in detailed view except if the caster is a raid opponent.
- Fixed few smalls bugs
- small changes in the wcr format. Older version of wowcardioraid will not be able to open the new format (but older wcr files can still be opened).
Up for Beta 20
- Beta support for chat log: Load a regular event- log, then load the chatlog for the same session. You can now check boss'emotes or other raid warning. Additionally, if chat-events have been loaded, they can be saved in *.wcr file directly. You can also set a blacklist to reduce the chatlog size.
- Viewport context menu: Added an fonction to set focus for all units of the same type in the current combat frame. Additionnaly, focused unit are now highlighted in the unit tree too.
- Scroll bars have been added to the viewport.
- Raid header size is now correctly saved.
- Fix for some combatblock problems.
- Few small fixes and optimizations.
I made a youtube preview here:
(no sound and no text for the moment) but it should help to figure how WowCardio is working
Hi, for those who are following this project: new update (beta21) with a major feature: Liveupdate.
- WowCardioraid can now open, read and parse the wowcombatlog.txt file even if the game is not closed.
- Experimental support for RealTime Update (event only, no support for realtime chatlog atm). Events are parsed automatically when the wowcombatlog.txt is updated by the game. Update frequencie can be adjusted in the options (from 30s to 30 mn). A manual update is also available.
- Due to background update possibilities, parsing error feedback has been changed. Errors are now logged in the options panel. A single '!!!' mark is added in the viewport (top-left) when error(s) have been recorded.
- Added Inclusive/Exclusive modes for focused Unit: Inclusive mode means that events must match sourceUnit *or* destUnit, while exclusive mode means that events must match sourceUnit *and* destUnit to be filtered. Unit focused are highlighted in Orange in inclusive mode, and Blue in ExclusiveMode.
- Few optimizations in parsing functions.
I am very interested to get feedback about the realtime update if you are encountering problems (even if not)
A documentation (still a work in progress, actually based on an old version) has been realised by Darkbubbles (Garithos-US), big thanks to him: WCR_Manual.pdf
- Slight improvement in realtime parsing
- Small UI improvements
- WCR now remembers the last log folder
- Fixed the wow 3.2 log changes (need testing anyway for UNIT_DISSIPATES events)
- It's now possible to specify your favorite web site for checking spell info. (default is Wowhead). Juste use %s for the spellId string in the link
- Its now possible to specify the default live log in options, and to access it directly through the load button or menu.
- Added somes save options when necessary. Also added a way to rename the live wowcombatlog.txt through the save process (wow.exe must be closed for this functionnality)
- Small Fix with Utf8: some logs were not parsed correctly when splitted with externals tools
- While parsing, the estimated time left is shown in the statusbar. Also corrected a small visual issue with the progressbar
- Since some SPELL_AURA events have been fixed in wow3.1, the aura visualization have been revamped. Aura of the same type are now separated between their casters. Anyway it's possible to specify in spell Options to use a single aura line only when necessary. Please note that REFRESH_AURA events are credited only for the original Aura caster. It's probably a Blizzard bug.
- Stack number for relevants Aura are now indicated on the aura-lines directly (with a proper zoom level only to keep viewing clear).
- Added a button to switch from buff gained and buff casted in detailled view.
- Added the name of the caster and the aura Uptime in front of aura lines in detailled view
- the left column (with unit name or aura name) is now resizable.
- Added a new compare system (alpha). It's possible to save a specific raid Dps/hps line, (filtered or not), and to load it over the current combatgraph, and to compare performance. This comparison tool works through different logs.
- Fixed a bug in the save module of the compare tool
- Added an access to the 'compare line' properties (comments and color).
- Fix a possible out-of-range error with the stattree column check
- Added a graphical aura emphasis when a buff or debuff is selected in detailled view.
- When the live combatlog is renamed by the program, the autoupdate-events are also disabled.
I havent posted here since a long time but I have made some big changes that might interest some of you: detailled stats module and improved detailled view.
Detailled stat module:
- Added new panel for individual stats. It's also possible to set Spell filter and Aura_watch directly from this panel
- New detailled view mode: events out (rotation), events in, aura out, aura in (shortcuts are F1(list), F2, F3, F4, f5 (detailled modes))
- Activity now checks for focus and filter
- Options has been moved in a separate windows
- New option for scaling graphics
- New option for opening wowcardio directly on LogIndexPage. Default index looks for then 10 last logs.
- Melee/autoattack now separated from other 'nospell' actions
- Spells and units/boss options Updated
- Improved hp deficit line calculation.
- Modified the filterspell/event tree check cycle for to avoid confusion.
- Added Focusmode for inclusive focus style: you can set focus for event out, event in or both
- Added a button that reflects the 'a' shortcut function (hide event)
- many internals optimizations
7/11/10 Release 1.02 (hcange from my last post here
- Added a stats-widget in the graphic view
- Some UI Improvements
- Added a lot of spell data and boss data for cataclysm
- Fixed a problem with melee hit (swing damage), not showing up in personnal stats
- Added a Transcriptor parsing support (however, this module is in beta stage): Transcriptor - WoW AddOns - WowAce.com
- Logindex now shows bossdown/hm/25players information.
- WCR format has been slightly modified to handle Bossdown/ and Hardmode feedback. Conversion from old log format is possible. New logs can't be read by older wowcardio version anyway
- Wowcardio now show RaidTargetIcon over the timeframe. Note that only logs that have been parsed by beta38+ can handle this new option, this information is save in new wcr file format as well.
- Wowcardio is now trying to find player role and draw a small icon accordingly.
- Graphics drawings have been optimized: wowcardio now tries to draw a lot less events when the zoom is out. Internal memory processing has been optimized as well.
- Fixed a nasty bug when the user tries to push an update on an empty livelog
- Combatblocks analysis has been revamped. Boss start/end events should be found in a more accurate way.
- CombatBlocks now show wipe/down, normal/hardmode detection. Nb of players involved is also indicated.HMTag is red, NormalTag is blue. block color is orange for wipe, Green dfor successful down. If cardio doesnt detect wipe or down, block color is gray.
- spell/unit options have been updated to handled correct boss analysis. (Tutorial will be found on wow cardio website or forum)
- Stats max values have been moved on int64 to avoid overflow on very big logs (or lot of leviathan tries)
Just wanted to thank you for all the work on this very nice addon. The one thing I miss, unless I'm overlooking an option somewhere, is more detailed information about the min/max/crit values of damage or healing abilities. Not a huge deal, but would love it if you could add those in.