ok, im sure these concerns have been raised at some point in this thread, but forgive me for not reading through 9000 pages of posts for it.
1) If raid damage is as intense in WotLK as it is in sunwell, then using single target heals will be inefficent, and chain heal spam will still yeild best overall healing done. I suppose that between spikes of raid dmg, you can cast a few HW on the MT but overall, but overall, chain heal would still be the most used heal, and sadly it does not return mana.
2) For when using HW and LHW does yeild highest hps, a water shield will be eaten through within 10 seconds, i struggle to find time to sacrifice a GCD for water shield in sunwell atm and i see this being a problem.
3) The potion nerf, total bs.
4) A talent allowing chain heal to return mana would best work into Improved Chain heal, and i figure it would work like this:
Increases healing done by Chain Heal by 10/20%, also, when 2 or more jumps of a chain heal crit, you have a 50/100% chance to consume a water shield charge.
i think this is a very fair suggestion for a talent change. Otherwise, a resto shamans mana pool will not support chain heal spam, especially with the downranaking nerf.
5) i will regret losing Elemental Warding =( such an underrated talent.
(Edit: if Elemental Focus stays the way it is in PTR notes, theres no way a shaman could spec for 11 points in Elemental AND 8 in Enhance without nerfing themselves.)
6) I dont have a beta key, make it happen plz, lol. one of like 5 ppl in my guild without a beta key =(
i have other concerns but they are not resto spec related however.