Just this past week our guild did a Target Dummy raid to see where dps was lacking (here are the stats). Also here is a webstat of a Naxx-25 run here.
**Raid Buffed: It seems like even on my best day I get about 3,000 dps on a Naxx 25 run. I can get about 3500 dps on a single target if there is no movement, but it is luck most times.
**Without Raid Buffs: On a target Dummy I am stuck around 2,500 using just poisons.
The only way I have gotten past the ~3000 dps is with Thaddius's plus damage, or a Maly spark.
My rotation is as described under your post here, but just for clarification here is what I do:
1. Stealth in, and get HfB up at 3 stacks. **(This helps me utilize Overkill)
2. Typically start with ToT/Ambush combo, or just Ambush if the Tank is good.
3. Get SnD going with the CP's from Ambush.
4. Muti until at least 4 CP's.
if Deadly Poison stack is < 4 and SnD has enough time left that I can get off another Muti, I do rupture.
if Deadly Poison stack is >= 4 or SnD is < 5-7 sec, I smack Envenom
5. Constantly intermix HfB refresh when the time left is less than ~5 sec, but it will always be up. **I am using Instant Poison on MH, and Deadly on OH
I've heard several rogues on here saying "I can get 5000-6000 dps". I guess I don't understand why I am so underpar. I am not a bad player and I try to keep maximum contact with the mob at all times, making sure whenever possible I am behind to mitigate Block and Parry.
I am also looking at getting the Maly Leather chest piece and the Valorous Headpiece to get my Expertise up, but that will do a little. I need to figure out if there is a bigger problem. Any constructive critisim is welcome, and I am open to suggestions on gear/spec/etc...
I am just getting really frustrated and you all are the best support group around.