FIRST TIME POSTER! WHOOPDEFUCKINGDO! WE'RE SO LUCKY YOU'RE POSTING!
Read the rules before posting again. You don't need to include a giant quote in your post, especially when you're only questioning a minor portion of it.
Originally Posted by Orlgin
I believe that 0/20/51 is perfectly viable. Here's the changes to the spec:
1) Plague Strike gets buffed to 50%. A buff since we use it anyway. While it will deal more damage with a 2 hander, it's a small portion of total DPS.
2) Black Ice gets nerfed to 20%. We lose Glacial Rot's 10% bonus . Sigil gets nerfed in half. This is a straight nerf to Icy Touch which is a big portion of our DPS.
3) Blood Strike gets buffed. While it requires more haste than before, itemization will be better as well. So replacing Blood Boil with Blood Strike is fine. A buff to us for single target. A definite advantage of having three diseases.
4) Blood Caked Blade gets buffed. After everything was said and done, it now deals more damage for the duel-wielding Death Knight. We have three diseases to give us the maximum possible benefit.
5) Haste gets a 30% boost. The most haste driven spec gets a huge boost with this change. It really highlights the benefit of duel-wielding when you are stacking haste. Not to mention what it does to the pets.
6) Gargoyle gets a buff. If you want the buffed gargoyle, you need 51 points in Unholy. This unique advantage to this DW build is the powerful gargoyle that uses less runic power to deal more damage.
7) Unholy Blight is still unique to this build as Howling Blast specs can't take it.
8) Glyph of Dark Death is a much better replacement to the Glyph of Plague Strike or Blood Strike which were the previous options.
9) Razorice buffed to give 10% frost damage instead of 5%.
And I could go on but the point is: Everything but Icy Touch got buffed. You will do more damage overall than you did before with the exact same stats. The percentages that you see for each thing will change. Necrosis and Blood Caked Blade damage will be over 30% higher. Plague Strike will be 10-15% higher. Blood Strike will be much higher than the old Blood Boil. You get the idea.
When you are examining specs, you need to analyze the whole package instead just the main strike. Icy Touch still hits plenty hard:
15% Blood Presence, 20% Black Ice, 30% Improved Icy Touch, 25% Impurity, 13% Ebon Plaguebringer, 10% Razorice, 5% Desecration, and 2% Bone Shield.
Not to mention that it will have a high crit rate with Killing Machine which gets buffed with all the extra haste.
0/20/51 is a worthy spec for duel-wielding. It all comes down to testing to see which builds are the top when the changes are finalized.
Edit: Forgot Rage of Rivendare which adds another 10% to Icy Touch
Long time reader, first time poster, and also a current user of 0/20/51 dw build.
I understand everything except #5, can someone elaborate what is this haste boost change in 3.1?