I have a question about WrathCalc. For a person who doesn't really use Excel at all I am quite at loss how to use it. I tried to click on the cells to edit an item but I don't understand how! I'm sorry if this has been asked before somewhere before but there appears to be no basic guide how to use and understand WrathCalcs somewhere.
Sorry for being so stupid, I didn't see the drop down list and I thought I had to fill in all gear details myself which made no sense since it said I was not allowed to edit anything else!
Drag this down (little black square in bottom right of cell corner) all the way down to AW65.
Forgive me for my ignorance but I have a few questions regarding glyphs and DoT timing.
1. I assume the [Glyph of Starsurge] is worse than [Glyph of Wrath] assuming you only ever used Starfall in non Lunar phases?
2. Obviously you want to burn Starfall in a Lunar phase but at the same time you want to keep it on CD as much as possible. What is the cut off point where it is better to wait for Starfall to be used in a Lunar phase. For example: if 2 second after I have moved out of Lunar phase Starfall came off CD then I may as well burn Starfall as the wait time to align it with a Lunar phase would most likely result in a loss of dps than if I had just recast it right away.
3. If applying DoT's always go IS followed by a MF (for NG procs)?
4. Similar to 2 is there and if so what is the cut off point where you would recast DoTs without a NG proc in effect.
5. In addition is there a point (and if so what is it) where you would clip your dots to refresh them with another NG effected DoT. Example: 4 secs left on DoT and you just transitioned to a eclipse state.
6. If you are just about to transition out of a phase is there ever a point (if so what is it) where its worth refreshing your DoTs.
Thanks for info, I'll either look at it myself or have Tecton look at it.
1) correct, provided you're also only using SFall on a single target.
2) you can estimate by keeping in mind that Eclipse will buff the Starfall by around 45%. So if you can get to a Lunar Eclipse within around 1/3 of a cooldown, wait.
4/5) I try to never clip DoT's (any potential gain from doing so would be very small if anything). If you just got an Eclipse, just wait the few seconds and then refresh.
6) Just try to use your judgement on whether it's worth refreshing. The DoT's are strong though, even a half-duration DoT is worth casting.
A quick bug report for WrathCalcs: the stats for Torturer's Mercy (Heroic) are slightly off (has slightly less spirit and slightly more mastery than it should). Not sure if the spreadsheet is wrong or outdated.
I'm going to run a full refresh of the stats on the items after Hamlet posts his next version (I assume he's made amendments with the recent changes) since some of the items appear to have been tweaked since they were grabbed from MMO-C during beta.
In the 110106 spreadsheet, There is a lightweave entry on the wrong line in the Enchants section (above the Chest enchants, in the Charsheetdata tab), messing up the cloak's drop-down list so that you can't see Greater Int.
The cloak thing was fixed at some point. Maybe only locally or in one that Tecton gave me and I haven't uploaded yet (I'm starting to lose track of all these versions with PTR opening again). I also have to look at your AoE thing at some point.
Tecton, did you figure out the gems bug? It would be handy to get both taken care of at the same time. I'll put my current versions of both sheets here. Note that I've added in a few items manually (randomly generated Tot4W loot whose stats aren't on wowhead). Otherwise, I think everything except for trinkets can be matched to wowhead/armory/MMO.
Any reason why WrathCalcs shows no dps value for Glyph of Starsurge? Is there not even a value to it on single target fights or is it just too hard to model effectively? Trying to figure out if it's a boost on single target fights with no adds over Wrath.
Also in Wrath Calcs it doesn't seem to give the socket bonus for normal Helm of the Blind Seer. I had to edit the item manually to include it, it shows the bonus but doesn't update the stats with it.
After doing a couple of bosses in raids and i'm having quite a bit of trouble with my agro. It seems even with Hand of Salvation I still hit high 70-90 and even over agro. Was just wondering do you guys experience this as well?
Ok, I've been tinkering for a bit and should have a solution for the gems/reforging issues in OpenOffice. I'll upload a version tomorrow evening once I've finished and have it fully working (for both Wrath & Treecalcs) when I get home from work. I'll put a toggle for OpenOffice mode on the charsheetdata worksheet to make saving different versions easier for you, Hamlet.
Regarding the error message about linking to other files: this is OpenOffice not understanding what the web query used to grab data from MMO-C's database is. Not a lot I can do to remove this, I'm afraid.
Helm of the Blind Seer will be fixed at the same time (along with any other non-int socket bonus helms), along with a full update of the item table to make sure there aren't any other small inconsistencies (the data was picked during Beta, so it's no surprise a few items have been tweaked).
Can someone with access to OpenOffice check if this version works for gems/reforging drop down menus? If this works, I'll upload Treecalcs with the same amendments shortly.
One thing I noticed, Hamlet, is that the dropdown to select the number of Starfall targets is set to validate to #REF so you can't change it from 1.
I can confirm the gemming issue that occured (message: Err502) is fixed.
All gems can be chosen (incl. meta) and values of the gems seem to change stat totals correctly.
Reforging in column G/I cannot be turned back to "unforged", to 0 value when it was once chosen.
some kind of workaround: you might reset it by changing gear itself
However, there is currently no option to "not" choose reforging for some items.