Kismet (11/12 H:ICC) was formed on 3/1/10 by four high end progression raiders who were unhappy with what they were giving up in terms of guild culture in order to down content. We all believed that a guild could be progressive and STILL maintain a professional, mature teamwork oriented atmosphere. All of the officers and most of the guild are older, working professionals who want to have a focused raid environment coupled with a rich guild environment. On March 1st we had 4 members and on May 9th we killed TLK.. now we're fully into conquering HMs and completing the Meta (The Meta is done in 10). Since our inception, we have not canceled a raid (other than Easter Sunday), as we maintain high attendance and dedication from our members.
I'd encourage you to read our recruitment information below and to stop by our web site, register and check out the information we have there regarding our vision, goals and structure. There is one particular post at the bottom of our home page which will give you a better understanding of the values that drove the creation of Kismet.
And no matter what, good luck in your search!
Kismet, on Dalaran, is a guild of experienced raiders headed for US 250 ranking. Formed on March 1st, we have The Lich King down and are into hard modes (currently 11/12 H:ICC). It is going to take some hard work and dedication, but we are committed to creating a long term home for raiders who know when to get serious and when to kick back and have some fun. Headed by a council of 30-something professionals, we believe that Kismet has all the prerequisites of a stable, long lasting guild:
* An energetic, committed, unified and experienced leadership team
* A clearly articulated vision for the guild
* A commitment to recruiting standards to support that vision
* A balanced approach to achieving short term goals without sacrificing the long term
What we are looking for:
* Dedication - we are looking for 90+ percent attendance raiders looking for a new long-term home
* Situational Awareness - can you do your job without standing in the < insert flame, slime, etc here >
* Reliability - good gaming system, good internet connection, etc
* Focus - Our raid schedule is 3 nights a week, yet we expect to clear all content
* Teamwork - We want to build a team that plays for each other, enjoys the challenges and the successes together. We do not recruit for a bench and we consider every raider a key part of our team - in return we are looking for raiders who value the success of the team as a vital part of their own success in raiding
In return we offer:
* Rank - a goal of US 250
* Experience - All officers have experience leading guilds and raids since early BC, and have been playing since release. We were just never in the same guild together
* Loot - We are using a system with high decay which discourages hording and encourages rapid improvement to the benefit of the raid team
* Transparency - guild management is open about all guild business
Our Raid Schedule:
* Thursday, 8:15pm - 12am EST : 25-man Raid (invites at 8:15, first pull at 8:30)
* Sunday, 7:15pm - 12am EST : 25-man Raid (invites at 7:15, first pull at 7:30)
* Monday, 8:15pm - 12am EST : 25-man Raid (invites at 8:15, first pull at 8:30)
Please note, all times are server/eastern time, and Sunday raids start one
hour earlier than the Monday and Thursday raids.