[A] [Zul'jin] <Carpe Diem> 2/13H 25M LF various DPS, resto druid, holy/disc priest
Formed in March of 2007, Carpe Diem became an established raiding guild on the Thunderhorn PvE server. A small group of 10 raiders came together with the similar idea of raiding hard over a short amount of time yet still remaining competitive as a whole. Over the next year, we opened recruiting to achieve 30-35 solid raiders and quickly moved up the server rankings, maintaining a top spot throughout Black Temple and Sunwell, and achieving many realm firsts from Obsidian Sanctum through to Icecrown Citadel. We have now moved to Zul'jin in hopes of finding a more raider active server.
Our target audience for raiders: those who have great situational awareness. We want raiders who push the meters but also understand that fire burns. We want raiders who don’t need their hands held and don’t need to have encounters explained every week. We want raiders who study encounters, strats, and class content for better rotations and theory crafting.
Our raid environment is different from your typical end game guild. We’re laid back and social yet even with shorter than normal raiding hours we’re pushed high into US rankings. We strive to keep an enjoyable atmosphere in and outside raiding and this has helped with lowering raider turnover as a guild.
To any person who is reading this and considering if Carpe Diem is the right fit for you then ask yourself the following questions?
- Do I put the extra effort to make sure I am the best?
- Do I like to raid with the spec that I am applying for?
- Do I have the ability to take criticism without feeling attacked?
- Do I have the time to raid the endgame consistently without burning out?
- Am I always prepared with raid materials and consumables?
- Am I always fully enchanted and gemmed?
- Will I be able to commit to this raiding schedule?
If you answered yes to these questions then more than likely you're going to find kindred spirits within Carpe Diem.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Current 25m Progression H:2/13:
- H: Halfus
- H: Chimaeron
- Wed, Thurs, Mon - 730 - 1030 EST (Possibly moving from Mondays to Sundays)
- Require 90% Minimum (100% during 2 week app trial)
- Resto Druid
- Shadow Priest
- Feral Druid
- Ret Pally
- DPS Warrior
- Disc/Holy Priest
- Possibly others if you are well geared and have Cata raid experience.
What we are looking for:
- Players with experience in BWD, BoT or To4W.
- Players who are in ilvl 345+ gear. If you are slightly below this but feel you have logs proving you are better than your gear please feel free to app and defend yourself.
- Players who can take critique without it turning into a hostile argument. We want to be able to quickly analyze what went wrong/right in an attempt and make necessary changes on the spot.
- Players who are on top of theorycrafting, gemming, and enchanting. We want to see min/maxing.
- We thoroughly examine logs to look for players with not only high DPS but great raid awareness.
- Players need to be 18+ and MATURE. We aren't here to babysit or deal with unwanted drama mongering.
What we offer:
- We cover repairs during raids 10/25 for raiders.
- We offer FaF invites for raiders so that the guild stays a friendly environment outside raid times.
If these things interest you and you are wanting to be part of a guild that wishes to succeed in Cataclysm feel free to check us out at Carpe Diem of Zul'jin Home Page. If you need info from someone in game feel free to message anyone in Carpe Diem.
Last edited by Seneb : 03/11/11 at 12:23 AM.
Reason: Updating recruitment and progress