[H] KA of Cairne - Recruiting for MoP 10-Man Content
Recruiting all healers and DPS!
<KA> is a guild on the Cairne server, which completed Cataclysm with a rank of 3rd on the realm. We have downed Heroic Madness of Deathwing, Heroic Ragnaros and Sinestra. We run a 10-person raiding group focused on clearing content within a very tight schedule. Most of our guild members have very busy lives, and we think that this focus is a big advantage for us.
In planning our progression raiding for Mists of Pandaria, we are now actively recruiting healers and solid DPS who can regularly make our raid times of Wednesday and Thursday 10pm-Midnight Eastern (during peak progression times, we will also run a third night on Tuesday).
Recruitment is also open for general guild members, with the potential to be upgraded to our raid roster over time, depending on our needs.
We will also be actively running Challenge Modes, in the hope of being competitive there as well.
Core Raid Schedule:
- Wednesday 10pm-Midnight Eastern
- Thursday 10pm-Midnight Eastern
- (Sometimes) Tuesday 10pm-Midnight Eastern as well
Couple of more specific notes that often get asked:
- For loot, we actually do not use any external system at all. Simple Need for main spec, Greed for offspec, otherwise Pass for guild bank DE. No council, no points system, usually not even any Master Loot. Been doing that for years now, entirely drama-free. Works especially well with our limited schedule, too - allowing us to distribute loot in a matter of seconds and hurry straight on to the next boss.
- For our times, we are very punctual and strict about our start and end times. Invites go out 15 minutes prior to start, first pull at exactly 10pm Eastern or sooner, if everyone's on early (they usually are). We then run with minimal AFKs and breaks straight through to Midnight Eastern, which is a fairly strict cut-off. Many of us need to get up early for work the next day - so never feeling pressured into staying up later than planned is very important.
- Finally, while we strive for as much consistency as possible, we're also very understanding and flexible about time away for Real Life matters. As such, there's no required attendance - we just ask for notice ahead of time when someone can't make it, so we can plan for a sub of some sort.
This set-up makes for a very interesting team spirit within the guild, whereby we run a seemingly light schedule and have very little demands or rules... BUT when it's "game time", everyone shows up fully prepared and eager to go. We usually make great progress in far less attempts-per-kill than other guilds and manage to compete with the "big boys" on what is a comparably laughable schedule.
This has been the case since ICC and throughout Cataclysm - and we're very proud of what we've managed to accomplish along the way.
So hopefully that gives you a better picture of what we're about and the type of focused players we're looking for (people for whom families, jobs or school outside the game are very important - but who also want to kick some ass a couple of nights a week alongside good friends).