We have specific need for the following:
* Holy Priest
* Holy Paladin
We always have room for exceptional players of any class, even those not listed. If a tight-knit, dedicated guild with a light raiding schedule is appealing to you, then Dauntless may be just the place for you.
Type: Normal (PvE)
Monday/Wednesday: 9 PM - Midnight EST
Sunday: 8 PM - Midnight EST
Raid invites are started 15 minutes prior to raid start time. It is expected that anyone who can be online when invites start will be on.
With a light raiding schedule of three nights per week, we do not feel it is unreasonable to expect 80%+ attendance from our members, which equates to one missed raid every two weeks on average. If you foresee 10 hours per week as too much of a commitment for you, please do not apply.
We have cleared the Siege, Antechamber and Keeper areas of Ulduar on Heroic, as well as General Vezax. We have cleared 10-man Ulduar and pre-3.1 we completed 10-man Glory of the Raider.
Notable Completed Achievements: Orbital Bombardment, Don’t Stand in the Lightning, Glory of the Raider (Normal), I Could Say This Cache Was Rare (Normal), Lose Your Illusion (Normal), Heartbreaker (Normal)
Dauntless is a raiding guild dedicated to end-game progression on a three-night schedule. Unlike most other guilds with the same type of schedule, we are not satisfied merely killing every boss in the game; we are intent on killing every Hard Mode raiding encounter possible, and beyond that, coming up with our own challenges to test our abilities. As our guild leader, Nazantia, succinctly puts it: “We’re here to put asses on proto-drakes.”
We pride ourselves on having skilled players who have a strong general knowledge of their class. We would rather raid shorthanded than lower our recruitment standards to allow someone who does not have a personality or skill level that meets our expectations. We feel that constantly striving to maintain our high standards is what will allow us to attain a high level of success.
The founders of Dauntless have put forth a very simple and clear vision for the guild that can be summed up in four key tenets:
* High Cohesion
* Fair and Quick Loot Distribution
* Careful Recruitment
* No Drama
More information about Dauntless can be found on our website: Dauntless
We expect all members to meet our minimum requirements. By keeping high standards, we hope to maintain a solid guild atmosphere that will persist for a very long time.
* Skill: We are looking for players who do not stand in the fire and are able to play at the top of their game. We are looking for people who can think on their feet and do not need to be told explicitly what to do for every fight week after week.
* Personality: Dauntless has a strong guild personality and you need to be able to fit in with us. We are looking for mature players who have a good sense of humour and humility. It is important that you can take constructive criticism at face value without being personally insulted. While we value skill, we’re also looking for players who are confident in their abilities but do not revel in demeaning other players.
* Reliability: We run with a small roster and as such, we rely on having most of our members every night. While we are very understanding of real-life events, we do expect members to alert us to any planned absences in advance.
* Gear and Spec: Your gear and spec tells us a lot about your knowledge of your class, your general theorycraft, and your level of social responsibility. While we do not expect applicants to have a full set of gear at our current progression level, we do expect it to be fully enchanted and gemmed using the best available recipes.
* Self-starter: We are looking for players who do not need their hands held. This game has never been easier to play, and information on how to maximize your performance is readily attainable with very little effort. You must be someone who knows where to look to find this information and apply it without being told. We are looking for people who are good, but always striving to be better.
We will be making our first trip to Heroic Naxxramas on Wed Feb 25, more than likely with less than 25 people (we don't PuG raids). If you are interested in pushing yourself to the limit and aren't daunted (see what I did there?) by short-manning raids, then feel free to submit an application. We're looking for more like-minded people as we get ready for Ulduar.
First night in Naxx went well. Despite bringing in a number of players outside the guild (by personal invitation only, not PuG) who had never played with us, we cleared all four quarters with no wipes and minimal deaths. 33 seconds short of Arachnophobia, and 1 second(!) short of Make Quick Werk of Him. Overall, a solid first night of 25-mans.
The initial post has been updated with specific class needs. We still have a number of roster spots open to exceptional players of any class, even those not listed.
Quick progression update:
We decided to work on Sarth3D this week despite only having 23 people in the raid, and consistently were getting Shadron to <15% before running out of steam. I have no doubts he will be going down the first raid we have a full 25.
We are still specifically looking for priests and shamans, and still have a few more spots for exceptional DPS of any class.
We have thus far cleared out Emalon and the Siege area of Ulduar on Heroic, and are looking for a few more solid raiders to join us in our push through hard-mode Ulduar.
We have particular need for some ranged DPS in the form of Hunters, an Elemental Shaman and a Shadow Priest. We're also looking to bolster our healing team with a solid Discipline Priest and Restoration Shaman.
Hybrids capable of performing multiple roles will be valued highly.