[Alliance] [Proudmoore] <Renaissance> US West Coast Guild LFM ToGC (4/5) ICC (4/4)
Renaissance (Home Page) is currently recruiting Icecrown Citadel 25-ready raiders. Please do not bother applying if you lack experience or are dressed in bad gear. Our mailboxes are filled with bad applications as it is. We are recruiting for the following classes, but are always open to exceptional players:
Direct Healer (H-Pally / D-Priest)
Side note: If you play a hybrid class we are looking for players who can easily shift specs; i.e. Holy priest to Shadow or Resto Druid to Moonkin.
We have been around since September of 2005 and many have been with us for more than four years at this point. This is likely because we actually tolerate each other and have little drama. A lot of us work or have families to take care during non-raid times. We have a variety of interests and sorts of players within our guild, ranging from PvP'ers to those who are generally fairly casual, and to those whose goals are completion of endgame achievements. The target of this post is directed to that last group and adding to it.
We currently raid up to four nights a week, three hours per night. Our raiders have spanned a geographical span ranging from Australia, Singapore, South America, and even the Middle East, but Proudmoore is a Pacific Standard Time server.
Raid Times: All listed times are server time (Pacific Standard Time)
We don't have nearly as demanding a raid schedule as most "top" guilds, and if you can't make 90% of the listed times, it's probably best not to bother.
You must be an intelligent human being and you must be able to express yourself in a way that does not belie your intelligence. We don't care if you are God's gift to raiding -- if your normal form of communication doesn't consist of complete coherent sentences, please stay far away. Please. We see enough of, "ym" or "culd u lend me 500g" on City trade chat. Actually... we don't, since the idiots are on our ignore lists or the channel is simply turned off, but I digress. Anyways, we are aware that these standards are high, but we prefer to find a socially-acceptable candidate than a jackass who drives people away.
People, who take the time to post an intelligent and well thought out application, are those who we take seriously. Please do not post a half assed application and expect us to read it, let alone respond to it. Know that first impressions matter and that largely our recruitment process is based around both your application and your qualifications and past history. It is very difficult to gauge a person's talent from an application. Think about what you're writing. Put yourself in our shoes - we don't know you, and if you really want to be one of the best, then you should put considerable effort into it. Your application is a reflection of you as a player. If you write poorly, chances are you are a poor player because a lot of the raiding scene is about intelligent choices and responsibility.
Attendance: Because of our short raid schedule, you must be prepared to make 90% of posted raids. This often means starting at exactly at 8:00 pm and ending at 11:00 pm. Maybe later if we’re close to a first kill. Be advised, if you know for sure you will not be able to attend raids at these days and hours, don’t bother applying. We want active people.
Attitude: We are looking for good players with confidence in their skills and who will prove to be assets to our guild. We require you to be motivated and dedicated and also keep that attitude throughout long hours of wiping. Do not crack down if you receive criticism and do not fight back if you know you might be wrong. Keep your integrity and you will earn your respect in this guild as a player.
Communication: We do NOT use any internet-chat programs to coordinate raiding but some of the people in the raids and even on standby are on it and use it actively. If this is a problem don't bother applying.
Input: You should not feel afraid to give input regarding fights and non- raid related situations. We always appreciate a good idea; however, it must be done through the proper channels. If you have other talents, like coding and design skills, don’t be afraid to offer to help, an extra hand never hurt anyone.
Excel: How does one excel? Be on top of your game always, don’t hesitate to pop a mana potion on trash if it’s gonna help you beat our current members. Learn from your and other's mistakes. Don't be a retard and die to poison gas over and over again. Be the one of the ones alive when wipes are called to make a good impression and it will last. Show the raid that you are better and more dedicated than them and you will stand out as a player. Being content with mediocrity will only earn you a spot on the bench. Bring your A-game to every raid, be it Naxxramus, Ulduar, or the Tournament of Champions.
A. Basic Information
Tell us a little about yourself.
How did you hear about Renaissance?
How long have you played WoW?
Total time on this character?
Do you intend to play long term?
B. System Information
What are your system specs?
Do you have any disconnection problem at all?
Average Latency while raiding?
Average FPS in raid during a boss?
C. Raiding and Character information
1. Character Name | Spec | Class
2. Are you a clicker?
3. Are you exalted with Sons of Hodir or an inscriptionist?
4. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? Specify if in a leadership role.
5. Provide an armory link to your character:
6. You will need lots of consumables to keep up with the pace during progression raids. Do you have the will and time to put in enough effort to keep an adequate amount?
7. Will you come to a progression raid having already read any available information relevant to encounters?
8. Post a WWS report / Wow Meter Online of a few recent raids in your guild. If your guild does not run these, post a screenshot(s) of your recount for some boss encounters. (This is REQUIRED for DPS apps, but not if you are applying as a healer)
9. Post a screenshot of your UI while in a raid enviroment (in combat). (Give a list of any relevant addons not shown.)
D. Dual Spec
1. What is your secondary spec?
2. Are you able to play it as well as your main spec?
3. Are you willing to change your main spec and/or secondary spec for guild needs?
1. What are your 2 professions?
2. What do you gain from them?
3. If you have a gathering profession, what is stopping you from dropping it for a profession that benefits your stats more?
F. Other Questions
1. What guild are you currently in? Who is/was the GM? Include their website.
2. Why are you leaving your current guild?
3. Do you play actively outside of raiding?
4. Are you able to take and improve upon harsh criticism?
5. There will be Bench time. Everyone will have to sit at one point in time or another. Are you okay with this?
6. Why are you interested in joining Renaissance?
7. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content. Does your level of play decline during the farm period?
G. Please complete these questions if you are applying as a healer.
1. What do you view as your primary role as a healer, specific to your class?
2. What stats do you feel are most important when selecting, gemming, or enchanting your gear and why?
3. What are the strengths and weaknesses of your class from a healing perspective?
4. What do you like/dislike most about healing?
All healers are required to use Grid and either Clique or mouse-over macros. If you are unwilling to use Grid, don't bother applying.
Last edited by Bakapooru : 01/06/10 at 2:39 PM.
Reason: Updated for ICC