Who We Are
We are yet another offshoot guild formed when many of us did not feel we had a good chance of succeeding in our previous home. Under new leadership, we decided it's time to take raiding a bit more seriously. We're looking for like-minded individuals who can help us to complete ICC and all related hard modes in a timely fashion.
As it is, <Thundergoats> is 7/12 Heroic ICC (Marrowgar, Gunship, Rotface, Festergut, Princes, BQL, Dreamwalker), and we have Insanity for 25 ToGC. Previous to this, most of our members have experience in Hard Mode content - some having achieved their Ironbounds (most with at least a few achievements), many with Rusteds completed. As such, this is a solid group of raiders who want to do well. We do not like catering to those that don't feel the need to push themselves each and every night. Playing at 95% is not acceptable.
Every member here is giving their full dedication to the guild. Every single player has, at some point, been in a guild that just didn't work out - it just so happens that everyone in TG realized that together. We're very lucky to have the solid group that we have. We are all dedicated. We are (minus Crusty) all skilled. We are all enthusiastic about this guild.
Our Humor and Having Fun
This is what really sets us apart. We're not a bunch of pricks looking to have a good time by trolling trade chat (usually). As with most good players, poor performance and terrible skill usually gets some kind of mocking from us; but usually the humor occurs in a heavily sarcastic tone that goes over the head of the person it is directed at. If you don't understand sarcasm you will hate me. Hell, most of these people hate me anyways. Bastards.
Please be open to any kind of joking. Race, sex, sexual orientation - we pretty much cover all the bases when it comes to being assholes to our own. If you come here, get offended by something, and complain to me... I will laugh at you; and I'll probably laugh at the joke that offended you too. God help you if you ever stutter or say something dumb on vent. (None of this is meant to be offensive. We like to laugh and jump at any opportunity to do so. It's all in good fun.)
Everyone is very active on vent - I guarantee at least one person on 24 hours per day. People run BGs pretty frequently. We like to keep busy when not raiding by farming, running alts, etc. Just whatever passes the time.
Monday - Thursday
5:30 - 9:30 PST
It should go without saying, but this is WoW and people seem to be clueless of many things, so I'll say it: If you cannot make these times, please don't bother.
Sixteen hours is by no means a crazy raid week, but we do expect to progress more quickly than guilds with similar time investments.
If your class is listed as at least a "high" demand, it still doesn't mean you'll raid on day one. Probably a very shitty alt run in your future to show us that you can play.
Ranged DPS: Will seriously consider most all ranged.
Holy Paladin: Always open, but full.
Resto Druid: Always open, but full.
Resto Shaman: Always open, but full.
Holy/Disc Priest: Always open, but full.
Who We Want
Quite honestly, we want you if you have read the above information and think you might fit in. That's it.
While I have listed classes I want and need, if you can challenge any one of my raiders for their spot (this includes me) - and consistently out-perform them - welcome to the raid group.
The following information in a PM to myself would be dandy.
1) Character name; class; race.
2) Current server (transfers are welcome, but let's talk first)
3) Link to Armory profile, and explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
4) List of any serious alts you have.
5) What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable?
6) Guild and/or Guild History, with explanation of why and how you left and joined your current or prior guilds.
7) Explain what you perceive your character's role in endgame content to be. Explain how your current gear and talent choices mesh with performing that role, and any ways in which you are still working on improving your character. Links to WOL parses to illustrate your points are welcome and very important.
8) Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience and your goals in Wrath of the Lich King raiding.
9) Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join this guild?
10) Tell me a bit about yourself. How old are you? Where do you work or go to school? What is your gender? How long have you played WoW? What other MMOs have you played? Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
11) Please list any references (e.g., current/former guildmates) who could vouch for you. They won't be contacted unless your application is seriously considered and we have spoken further.
12) Out-of-game contact information (e-mail, GTalk/AIM/whatever info, etc.)
13) Applications will be posted on an internal forum for review and discussion by members. If you would like more confidential treatment of your application, specify this and explain why.
14) Picture of your in-combat UI with ALL keybinds VISIBLE.
Please try to put some thought into the application. Specifically points 7, 9, and 10. I took more than ten minutes to write this - you can do the same with your application.
If we think you're someone we would like to have around, we'll get you on vent for an interview/chat. I will respond to every application, good or bad. Feel free to contact me in-game as well if I don't respond in a timely manner, but expect to wait a day or two.