hu⋅bris [hyoo-bris, hoo-bris] –noun excessive pride or self-confidence; arrogance.
This does not describe us, it is a nod to the past and a future without it.
What the guild consists of is geographically diverse collection of boisterous and opinionated students, working stiffs, parents, couples and friends and family. If you can play well in the sandbox with others, we might be the guild for you!
If we were going to do a personal ad for the guild, it’d go something like this:
25man raiding guild seeks like-minded partners for boss killing pleasure. We are mature, fun, perverse and enjoy drunken instancing on off-nights. You should like the same and be able to bring consumables, be reliable and able to commit to our schedule. For good times, continue reading!
Accomplishments & Progress
Heroic Marrow, GS, Saur, Rot, Fester, Val
12/12 Icecrown Citadel (Normal)
Tribute to Mad Skill
Heroic Glory of the Ulduar Raider
Glory of the Ulduar Raider
Heroic Glory of the Raider
Glory of the Raider
Sarth: 3D down pre-3.1
Maly: 6min down pre 3.1
If you are an exceptional raider and think you are as good or better than our best raiders please don't hesitate to apply even if you don't see your class open. We are always willing to consider talent.
Applying and General Requirements
* As we are all adults, we expect our applicants to be 18+.
* Level 80, geared, gemmed and enchanted for the role(s) you are applying for. Just a hint: green gems or crappy enchants in epic gear is a no-no.
* We require 2 raiding professions, you do not need them at the time of application.
* Able to commit to nearly 100% attendance to our raid hours which are Monday-Thursday, 7-10pm PST.
* Desire to keep up with changes in both your class and the game. We love our theorycrafters.
* Must use vent and have a working mic.
* Trolling of, or actually contributing worthwhile things to, the guild boards is encouraged. Reading the boards is mandatory as that is where guild policy, raid sign ups and strats are posted. If you hate guild forums, you’ll hate our guild.
* Don’t be a hired gun. If your intent is to only log in to raid then immediately log out after without trying to become a part of our community, we don’t want you. We want players who, you know, like the guild and enjoy hanging out.
* Application process: you fill out our application using complete sentences with correct punctuation and spelling. An officer or lead will respond with a note of interest or denial within 48 hours. If we are interested, you will be contacted for a technical interview. Assuming you pass with flying colors, you’ll then be contacted for a full interview. At this point, you’ll become an applicant and the trial period will last anywhere from 3 weeks to 5 weeks based on performance, reliability and personality.
* Loot council. We use it and like it.
I’d like to end with a note on dual specs and our perception of them within the guild. We love them. The willingness of our hybrids to be flexible has kept us raiding Ulduar as Hubris was born. If you apply as a DPS hybrid, we don't expect you to heal full time. It’s not what you signed up for and we feel that is taking advantage of a team player. We might expect you to flip for certain fights or on a night when 2 main-spec healers had emergencies and couldn’t be there. No whining. We try to take volunteers for these duties first, but sometimes you’re gonna be it due to what your class might bring to the raid as an off-spec.
If you’ve made it this far and are still interested, please follow the link to our application and send it by PM to Officers.