Pretty neat tool. Glad someone is doing something like this. One minor thing, I put Death Strike into the Blood rotation since Blood is going to be using DS now. I ran the EP sim, and the damage breakdown #s seemed pretty accurate compared to what I've experienced on the PTR, but is DB supposed to be Death Strike? It makes sense, but I wasn't 100% sure. If it is Death Strike, that seemed like the only thing that didn't completely match-up. The sim was showing around 7% damage from DB(assuming it's DS), whereas on the PTR I was getting between 10 and 12% on Death Strike. Pretty minor thing, I think, but something I wanted to mention to try to help. The rotation in the combat log matched up very well to what I had been doing on the PTR, too.
Also, interesting note on the EP calc. With 228 Armor Pen Rating on my gear + Blood Gorged, it actually gave me a higher EP weight for Armor pen than Strength(290v262). I had been wondering if with enough armor pen I could reach that level, but was surprised to see I was there already. Any other Blood DKs with a decent amount of Armor Pen gear getting that result?
It looks like you put your finger on a typo error. DB is as you guess Death Strike. I correct this.
You have to keep in mind that the Armor Penetration is boosted in this patch. You get 25% more Penetration from rating.
On an other side, by default the range used for the calculation of EP is set to 200, that is a lot. You can change this in the character.xml file.
I have put this high value because if something would be badly implemented, it would be easily seen.
I just put online the 0.3.0 version of the simulator with some major update. Check the OP.
I can add in the package your template, priority or rotation files. Just send them to me via PM. I'm looking especially for some legit (not more than 71 talent point) top dps configuration files.
I have played a lot with templates files to check if the talents are correctly implemented. So it don't surprise me that there is some mistake. From my point of view the templates included are just sample. And I don't have a lot of time to work on them right now, as it's not high in the priority list of what left to do.
So, if the community can send me some template, rotation or priority configuration files via PM, you could easily include them in the next release.
Due to the high randomness of the simulator, I don't know if make the tool able to simulate less than 1 hour fight is a good idea, but if you insist I can make it possible.
What I noticed:
1) Bloodworms are not in, granted they aren't pumping crazy numbers but still. That is if they don't scale with anything then there is no point of doing that (do they?).
2) Sigil of Dark Rider seems to add same dps as new Awarness for Blood. This should not be possible because it was confirmed that sigil adds only 45 to BS/HS not 90.
3) It would be very nice to see how much DPS pets does (Ghoul, Garg, DRW). Reason is that Ghoul will be dying a lot on most fights (especially without NotD and glyph) so assuming 100% uptime is bad idea. Now if we lower Ghoul uptime STR, haste and hit value will go down.
4) I wouldn't agree with some build-in templates (especially Unholy) but it is editable so.
5) When trying to calculate EP while being hit or exp capped (or close to cap) I got strange results like some values going MINUS or some values going crazy (like STR = 5 AP). To my understanding exp value should just go to 0, hit still have some minor value (until spell cap) and other stats should have same values. Something is not right there, I so far just avoided this via using exp/hit numbers before cap in character template.
6) How is DRW implemented? I ask because tooltip is simply misleading, I noticed DRW take skill damage you do before all talents, buffs, glyphs etc. and does it by itself (so lower crit, no ArP), for example my HS did x4 more avg. damage than DRW HS (and DRW had lower crit rate). I also noticed it melee by itself even when you stop auto attack.
7) It would be nice to add EP value for armor. It should be 0.027 with 5/5 Bladed Armor.
Here are some values I got:
Gear from armory with hit/exp values manually lowered, 2/4xT7 enabled, Sigil of Awarness used. Specs used: Blood, Unholy.
Now comments on those:
1) STR may be too high for Blood as it is assuming 100% Ghoul uptime. But given that now it assumes 100% uptime and all glyphs active it is correct from that point.
2) AGI have slightly higher value for Unholy. Something is wrong here, Blood value should be higher - or maybe just DRW lower value of AGI?
3) Crit rating - same deal as with AGI, again I think it is because of DRW (don't benefit from crit rating). Unholy value seems to be pretty high - it would be worth to double check that.
4) Haste seems fine given 100% Ghoul uptime and that DRW benefit from it.
5) ArP looks a little too high for both. It may something to do with new Sunder?
6) Exp looks somewhat high for Unholy.
1) Bloodworms is not yet implemented. I need to find more information about it.
2) I had heard of 45 + 22.5 per disease. I will have to check this.
3) It's hard to simulate the Ghoul life expectancy. I could add a parameter somewhere to kill it.
4) As I said in earlier, Template are samples. Create yours. If you find them good, send them to me. I will add them in future release.
5) Random Number Generator. EP calculation is easy. It makes a run with your character sheet. Then it makes multiple runs adding a value to each character stat. Then it compares the different results. I do believe that the default value of 24h is too short to calculte EP. But I need to upgrade the engine to make it faster.
6) I have to addmit that DRW is not 100% accurate. I would say the DRW generated is close to what we should have on PTR, but I still need a lot of work to say it's complete.
7) I also need to add an EP for Weapon DPS and speed. It's on my TODO list.
I have check your comment on your result.
1) If you think it fine, I'm fine with that.
2 and 3) the only place where Agility appears in the code is when it computer player's physical crit rating. So it might be ok. For information, here is the formula I use :
I just have updated the OP with the latest version of the tool.
No huge addition this time, but I still need your feedback.
0.5.0 Release notes
* Simulator Engine upgrade. A bit faster and more accurate on white hit swing speed.
* Time unity for combat log is now in 0.01 second (from 0.1 second).
* Glancing blow implemented
* One-Roll for white damage
* Bug: Icy Touch and Howling Blast consumed runes even if spell had been resisted.
One thinks disturb me. I can't find a Frost/blood template (1x/5x/00) that give good DPS. I can't find if it's from the simulator or that the spec is not that good any more.
But I am very surprise by the result that give me DW-Unholy-Frost spec using DW-Frost priority on unholy presence.
This spec in blood presence using a OB-FS-Ob-FS-IT-BS-FS ish(IT and BS rotate spots every set) rotation is the poplar 2hd strike-based rotation. It does push over the 10 second/rotation a bit but has been proven that its worth squeezing the additional frost strike in. Does require 4PT7 though.
Edit: Points in endless winter are filler
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.