0.7.0 Release notes
* Resolved issue: Weapon normalization
* Resolved issue: Obliterate is now adding 80% weapon damage + 467.2 (old +292)
* Resolved issue: Merciless combat activate too early.
* Resolved issue: Hysteria was used even if not spec for it.
* Better sigils damage calculation. Thanks to Ability Formulas !
* Templates renaming.
* Option to enable/disable combat log.
* Option to enable/disable pets (ghoul and gargoyle).
* Better rune management for D&D PTR Build 9733
* Howling Blast cooldown has been reduced from 10 sec to 8 sec.
* Rime now has a 15% chance to reset the cooldown on Howling Blast and cause your next Howling Blast to consume no runes.
* Death Strike damage has been lowered, it now deals 60% weapon damage (down from 75%) plus 178.4 (down from 222.75) for Rank 5. To be included. The actual template are not correct.
* Night of the Dead has been moved from Tier 8 to Tier 4.
* Ghoul Frenzy has been moved from Tier 6 to Tier 7.
* Master of Ghouls has been moved from Tier 4 to Tier 6.
Awesome tool! Exactly what the DKs needed, thanks for the good work & hopefully you'll keep it up
I have some questions & comments
Regarding Expertise in the Character.xml, should I enter 164 or 20 as a rating? I couldn't get an answer from the Helpme fie
If I want to test regemming from STR to Expertise for example, should I include the change in AP again in the AP setting? Let's say I change 1 gem for +16 str, should I once enter +16 in STR setting, and +32 in AP setting, or just +16 to STR is enough?
When getting the results, I have a weird error in the display - all the columns up to "Landed" look okay - centered etc., but after that the columns are not below their title - for example Hit values are right after Landed, Crit values - below hit etc. etc. and Miss% has the values for the Average column. I can provide a Screenshot if it'll be easier to understand, but I hope you got the idea
The results from the EP calculator are shown like this - EP :Strenght = 283 - I assume what is meant is 1 STR = 2.83 EPoints, am I correct?
EP for simulators don't work. You have to let it run for a very long time (i.e. many hours) to get a stable, usable dps number and that is only for one stat.
Try 1000h a few times and look at the result.
1/ You should enter the Expertise Rating, so 164. 20 is you expertise.
2/ Just add the STR value to the strength section. The calculator will calculate AP it give you according to your template and buff like BoK.
3/ Well, I have to find a easy editable table component to display the result. Until then, the report is displayed with an internal notepad. And columns are manage via tab character. witch most of the time poor result.
4/ You are right. I have set AP value to 100 as base for Equivalence Point.
There appears to be a problem with DnD. The following is a combat log with 4T7, butchery, RPM and dirge:
1 PS crit for 3098
151 IT crit for 3640
282 BS crit for 3752
1000 SS hit for 4001
1150 Gargoyle use, RunicPower.Value=65
This should add up to 15+15+10+10+30 = 80. DnD doesn't appear to be awarding any RP. Also it didn't cause a GCD
It continues on like so and reveals another issue with RP calculation:
1150 Gargoyle use, RunicPower.Value=65
1150 Summon Gargoyle
1281 SS crit for 9202
1431 BS crit for 3909
1672 PS fail
1822 PS crit for 3247
2000 IT hit for 1938
2281 SS crit for 9202
2431 SS hit for 4001
2581 DC crit for 7077 RP=84
2712 DC hit for 3538 RP=41
Knowing the RP calc for DnD was off and starting at 65-50=15 after the gargoyle, it should now add up to:
15+30+10+2+15+10+2-3-3+30-3-3+30-3+2=131, which should be capped at 130 (max rp) before the first DC. The first DC should leave us at 80, and the second at 34 (-6 for two more gargoyle upkeep costs).
It would swell the logs a bit, but it would be nice to have an option to have the log record every change in RP so we could more easily track errors like this. The RP changes could be inlined for abilities, like you do DC, which wouldn't make it too bad.. then the only additional lines would be from butchery every 5 seconds, gargoyle upkeep and scent of blood (if that's implemented).
That fixed those errors with DnD, thanks. Something is still fishy with it though. Even though SS & BB combined do more damage than 10 ticks of DnD, a DnD priority (DnD>BP>FF>SS>BB>UB>DC) consistently comes out 3-400 dps higher than a standard unholy priority (BP>FF>SS>BB>UB>DC). It's hard to believe that 1 extra GCD and 25 less RP accounts for any increase at all, let alone 300+... I'll try and do some PTR testing tonight and see what stands out.
Edit: Glyph of Death and Decay doesn't appear to be working. Average DnD damage is the same with it on or off.
Nice tool. I was wondering what is the scope of the simulation ? From what I gathered in the readme and all, you mention some simulations details like boss armor, talent abilities uptime and such, and you provide a mean to customize stats, weapon dps/speed, spec and rotation, which results in great flexibility of custom user inputs.
From what I've seen so far, it can pretty much give a good estimation on what seems like boss dummies dps sessions, is there a way you could factor in more raid buffs that other classes bring ? thinking about stuff like Savage Combat's +4% phys and the like of. Was wondering because their existance could alter the EP values to somethind more realistic. Or would you rather stay within the scope of boss dummies simulation.
All the raid buff are taken into account. At least the one described is the Available buff and debuff section of the readme file. The goal is to simulate a boss fight. Dummy DPS is not very important to my eyes.
DnD have been implemented too fast and is buggy. But with your help I hope there are no more more issue on it with the new version.
Here are the good news:
0.7.1 Release notes
* Template update to match PTR Build 9733.
* Report display improved.
* Lots of Death and Decay problem.
* Option to have a verbose combat log
* From 3.1.0 PTR Patch Notes: Heart Strike: No longer affected by Glyph of Blood Strike.
Ah, please accept my apologies, must have missed it.
Is the implementation of Sigil of Awareness up to date with its actual value ?
Equip: Increases the base damage dealt by your Scourge Strike by 189, your Obliterate by 336, and your Death Strike by 315.
Any chance we might see shorter timespan performances ? As you may already know, cooldown reliance makes some specs perform better according to amount of time the fight lasts. I do find averages values based on a large dataset very interesting, don't get me wrong, but I think with dual spec coming around the corner having fight-length based performance values might turn out be of great interest.
The Sigil of Awareness is implemented with it's 3.1 modification.
the Random factor on a short fight is very important. Anyway I could add an optional parameter to reset the fight cooldown every x minutes. I'm adding that in my todo list
I still thank you for your work, few things to add to the list
- Howling blast cd changed from 10sec to 8sec
- If the spec don't have Master of Ghouls the pet should only be up for 2min and then away for 3min and then again. Ofcourse this doesn't take the fact that he might die in a fight.
- Unbreakable armor. Might be good to make a toggle to use it with bloodtap always when off cooldown, but it should cost one GCD. Basicly this could just be done so that it doesn't use a rune, but adds a GCD.