I would say priority/rotation. However, add a prompt for using GF alone whenever it's duration has expired and another for using GF only when you can blood tap for the rune to use it. If that's workable for you. Only because I'm sure some of us would like to see how it works if we always keep it up but it would be nice to compare to only using it 30 sec/minute when we can tap for the rune.
<GhoulFrenzy> and <TapFrenzy> or something like that.
I'm having a lot of trouble getting the EP calc to work as well, I ran 4 different 5000 hour tests and all of them seemed to give completely random numbers, half of which were negative. What does the EP base actually do? i've never changed it from the default 50, could that effect something?
Thank you first of all for your work here. However, i am having troubles to make the tuning; i.e i had 12k dps on 500hours testing. I am trying HB with 2 diseases and trying to use "Pestilence" glyph there as you mentioned, but it seems i am doing something wrong. Do you have any idea?
I did following to get EP numbers for myself:
- lowered hit and exp to 0 in character template (as I want value of both before cap)
- changed base EP to 150 (as 150 exp rating will still be before cap)
- ran ten 24 hour tests, dropped lowest and highest EP value of each stat and got avg. from 8 left
- for hit "after melee before spell cap" I just took what percent of damage would be affected (DC, UB, Gargoyle, HB, IT) and multiplied it with pre-cap value (example: 2.0 * 10% = 0.2)
- I rounded up values some, there is no real difference between for example 1.4 and 1.4146546
- I ignored weapon dps, values were seriously random and you will want higher dps weapon anyway so why bother?
Obviously 10 x 24h sample is not super accurate but you can increase both number and duration of simulations for more accurate results. Just remember to drop 5-10% lowest and highest numbers of each stats to lower RNG.
I am not saying this will get your perfectly perfect EP values but it should be good enough to point out potential upgrades and numbers I got looked correct.
0.7.6 Release notes
* Butchery not resetting well between simulations.
* Real time DPS available in the bottom of the application.
* The report is updated more often on EP calculation.
* The glyphs now have to be configured inside the template configuration file. The default templates are updated.
* The 00-10-61 template is corrected.
* The Weapon DPS accept decimal on the character configuration.
I hope the strange EP value was from Butchery not resetting between simulation. From my test, the DPS is more stable between runs. But I wait your feedback.
Fugazor, your way to obtain EP might be a good walkaround, but honnestly I want that the EP calculator of the simulator as a "push and wait".
Twistedmoon, I hope your super high dps come from a digit in the Weapon DPS (corrected now), because you should'nt have such DPS.
Ghoul Frenzy will be available in the next release.
I noticed a much slower simulation time with 0.7.6, also the simulator seemed to give exceptions and had to be restarted. If it happens again I will pm you the error log I recieved.
The huge dps values seem to be gone, and the new way to edit glyphs is great.
Would it be possible to add the tier bonuses in the same way as glyphs? or at least let us edit them inside the application so you don't have to close it down after a change?
I tried to look for the few lastest updates, but I can't find if the current version takes rime procs in to count from obliterate?
I'm testing a rotation like this with Howl glyph adding frost fever (only use howl when refreshing disease)
so, if one of the 4 OB proc freezing fog, the first HB would be free of charge, therefore giving you an extra OB in it's place.
Clearly you can't do it a solid rotation, so how would this go in the priority?
(With howl glyph, it would use howl to apply frost fever?)
Frost fever > obliterate > blood strike > frost strike , this would fail in the last part of the rotation, since you'd have one death rune ready before second parts first frost strike. Would prolly do HB->OB->BS->BS->FS->FS -> OB->OB->BS->BS->FS->FS->FS
Frost fever > obliterate > frost strike > blood strike , this would fail at the start by doing HB->OB->FS->BS->BS->FS and would delay the second parts ending even more.
0.7.7 Release notes
* Simulator now load previous setup on start up.
* Add an option to display real time DPS.
* Ghoul frenzy implementation. All templates are updated. If talented it will use automatically it with Blood Tap, unless added to priorities/rotations.
* Set bonus are now configurable via the character config file.
I have to leave all the credits to the idea of integrate glyph into talent spec config file to EvilNuff.
I will look at your crash problem.
Yes Rime proc are generated by Obliterate.
Try this rotation, the 2nd Obliterate will be skipped if runes are not available, but you have to be hit/dodge capped as is will not retry it.
<GhoulFrenzy> does not seem to be working in my priority rotations. I was curious to see how much using it every 30 seconds in place of a plague strike would hurt my build. However, setting it's priority above Plague Strike has no noticeable affect on either plague strike or ghoul damage.
I just ran a 24 hour sim using only ghoul frenzy > PS for the priority. Then took the ghoul frenzy talent out of my talent sheet and left the priority as only PS. The PS only run had 1 less plague strike total and 60 more attacks from the ghoul (obviously some bad luck with misses on the first one). I don't think it's trying to use ghoul frenzy at all.
I started to wonder how is that possible, since I've done alot of ptr testing and it has shown exactly the opposite and I think I found the reason.
As the log shows, you get 20RP from a rime howl, which actually should be 5RP with Chill of the Grave and 0RP without it.
4334 Rime proc
4334 Runic Power = 53
4449 MH hit for 2161
4449 Killing Machine Proc
4449 Razorice hit for 69,520422352975
4484 FS crit for 9143 4501 Runic Power = 23 4634 HB hit for 3898 4634 Runic Power = 43