No, it doesn't. Shadowmeld works more like Fade than Feign Death, it just happens to remove combat as well. When it drops, as long as the boss is still engaged, you get all of your threat back.
 The rest of what you said is spot on, though.
Has this been correctly tested? I've found it to be a complete agro dump whenever I've used it and the most notable being during Malygos on my Rogue where due to skipping out of Vortex being rather high too often..
For example when wiping on Malygos I've used Shadowmeld to hide and then get knocked out due to the Arcane Storm, but I never get back on the threat list and as a result he will go reset without coming back to me despite being both out of Shadowmeld and being damaged again.
Another being on Sarth3D when whelps spawn and come for me I tend to use it right away then go directly back to healing and despite the tank not picking them up yet I do not get agro again from them (this one is less reliable than Malygos though).
[e] Ah fixed on the PTR, hadn't noticed previously but it was inevitable it would be soon enough... was fun while it lasted but it will remain a nice utility still :P
Has this been correctly tested? I've found it to be a complete agro dump whenever I've used it and the most notable being during Malygos on my Rogue where due to skipping out of Vortex being rather high too often.
Shadowmeld is bugged on live and does not currently restore threat. This is being fixed in the next patch, which may be as soon as 2 days from now.
Originally Posted by Blizzard
Shadowmeld: This ability will now properly restore threat when it is cancelled. In addition, it will correctly remove a player from combat if it is active when that player is the last person left alive that the creature hates. This ability is now also unusable while affected by Faerie Fire.
I enjoy reading elitistjerks, especially when it comes to druid class. However I'm in a situation where I don't know is it worth to play a moonkin anymore. In sunwell I was top 1-3 in DMG done, always. Now I just... Suck, to put it simply. What happened? Did I just turn into worser player than I were, or did something drasticaly change on balance specc / or with other classes?
If it's me, what I'm doing wrong? Or aren't moonkins just good enough for 10man progress raids, when you try to kill it for the first time (3 drakes alive sartharion)
My rotation is as following:
moonfire -> wrath untill eclipse -> starfire ->
any tip if much welcomed on my behalf, I used to enjoy raiding but being told that you're a second class player now cause you suck (probably due to my class, and specc lol?)... and that pretty much every other class is more wanted. esp. enhance shaman/retri pala
anyways sorry for my emoness, just had to spill this out, but tips would be awesome...
I'm a little bit dumbfounded as to how the hell most boomkins are pulling over 5k dps, the last 2 weeks I've been cursed to stay at 3k dps on most fights, even respeccing(many pallies and Spriests are in the guild so I never become a OOMkin) into more heavy balance spec for dps and haste and getting better gear. I still can't seem to get past the 3k mark even with full raid buffs and all. On patchwork this week i did like 3100dps (don't have a WWS for the fight). My dps rotations are the same that have been stated in all the forums I have looked over, IFF, IS, MF, Wx till ecplise then SF till 4s left on ICD(using Squawke and awk), while keeping dots up as best I can, and using treants and haste pots before Blust. Eating firecracker salmon, and frost wyrm flasks, hell I'm at 2300-2400 sp raid buffed, with only .2 ms lat and 12-60 FPS on the fight here's a link to my gear The World of Warcraft Armory
I just don't know any more about boomkin, it's sad when I'm getting beat out in dps by under geared Spriests, damn mind seer. If someone could help me with this curse i would be forever in debt to you. because i have no clue what left to do.
Get that 4th piece T7 for the bonus to start with.
Gemming crit is a no-go(beside the meta)
You're really low on haste imho.
For more help a WWS is advisable.
Wanna say hello to all as this is my first post here, this forum(and gear) made my patchwerk dmg going up from 3k to 4.7k. WWS
A few things I've noticed playing my boomkin in 25 man raids (This is parroting a lot of what has been said earlier, just summarized for convenience):
* Rotation is extremely important. Missing the Eclipse GCD and accidentally procing a wrath eclipse makes a noticable dent in your dps. Wasting GCDs during eclipse for anything except refreshing Moonfire early during the eclipse also means a dps loss. You want to get as many starfires as possible in during those precious seconds. SquawkAndAwe is a must for any serious raiding moonkin.
* Don't gear for crit. At all. Ignore crit gear except for T7. With talents, moonkin form, chaotic skyfire, 4pc T7 and 3 of those 4 T7 pieces, plus raid buffs you still have well over 25% crit, and haste is way better than crit for dps.
* Use Starfall and Treants when possible. On short fights, if possible, ask your shaman(s) to tell you a few seconds before they use bloodlust and treants then, as they benefit from Bloodlust and it's a noticable dps increase if they do. On longer fights just pop them as early as possible so you might get a second use in before the boss dies.
* Use the insect swarm glyph and use Insect Swarm. Don't refresh Insect swarm during Eclipse though. It's not a huge dps increase, but it's still a dps increase.
* Don't be dishearted if your dps varies from one time to another. Eclipse is an RNG ability, and when the numbers are in your favor and you only need to wrath 1-2 times for each eclipse you will see nice and big dps figures, but when the RNG is being a bastard and you have to wrath 10+ times for an eclipse your dps can drop by several hundred. Note that this is still not an argument for gearing crit instead of haste. (Hey, at least it's not Hot Streak.. )
My rotation is a standard one. Wrath until Eclipse, than Starfire until the Eclipse CD is off, Wrath again, get a proc - > Starfire. I renew my IS only when I'm on the move or need to get an Eclipse proc from Wrath. I renew Moonfire all the time.
TT. Still can't figure out how to get to that 5k barrier.
got tips for me aswell? with my gear. im at 3k aswell, and i use rotations said in here... apart not putting IS and then wrath... it cant make that huge impact?
You have 3/3 Intensity (which with your low spirit doesn't do a lot for you anyway) and 3/3 Moonglow. You can move 2 points to Improved Moonfire and 3 points to Improved Faerie Fire. Even if you have to innervate yourself once in a fight, it's still a significant dps gain.