In my case (Combat) my 5s/5r/5e cycle build went from 28.17s to 28.24s (lower DPS) and of course a bit lower DPS (same settings, same gear, same buffs). I investigated it to find that the only cell responsible is Cycles!B1 (Energy per second) - inserting exact value from 0.4.4 resulted in reverting back to 28.17 and almost same old DPS. Further investigation shown that previous value of this cell referred to cycleslice2 cell which had value of 100% while now it refers to cycleslice1 cell with value of 96%. I've lost myself there and have no idea which calculations are correct and which are not, so until somebody else will explain it better, let's assume that new version is simply more accurate.
Edit: I can bring more details on my specific gear and settings if needed
to add thoughts for smarter people to play with, are these the cells that were referenced in change stating that SND uptime assume 100% before cycles applied in the version change notes?
or perhaps a slight difference in energy regen procs calculated now that the sheets are streamlined instead of feeding back and forth (or whatever they did before).
Hopefully my inane comments will cause others better suited to expound helpfully =)
Thanks for the new version!
You definately ought to implement a sort of a field with:
"Is target poisoned by other rogues/hunters? TRUE or FALSE
Though, I'm still wondering where exactly can change that right now. In this post it was explained as
Originally Posted by Kospire
lol,An easier way to "fool" the spreadsheet is to replace the whole *(1+0.5*OR(x)) with simply *1.2
where x is ment to be:
Gear!B$14="Deadly Poison",Gear!B$14="Wound Poison",Gear!B$21="Deadly Poison",Gear!B$21="Wound Poison"
in the "DPS" tab, G21 cell
Am I right understanding that it's the same thing I have to do to make the spreadsheet think that there is always poison applied now?
This is from the notes he posted in the thread when he updated the version. It states "always assumes targets are poisoned".
I hope that clears it up for people that keep asking.
Well, the reason I'm asking is because I once questioned myself what poisons I should run with while doing dailies (or in some 10-man when there is no one who can apply a posion to the target) with WD/WD and eviscerate mutilate build. I managed to find the answer by removing the assumption of the target being always poisoned in the previous version of the spreadsheet (just putting back the originial string but chaning 0.5 to 0.2). So I wondered how this could be achieved in the new version too.
Version 0.4.6 is available via the download link in the first post. Changes in this version:
- Expertise is no longer truncated (i.e. each point of expertise rating provides equal effect).
- Bloodlust modeling streamlined slightly.
- Slightly changed the calculation path for Slice and Dice uptime, preventing the drop-off that previously occurred on DPS Calc 2.
- Hyperspeed Accelerators cooldown reduced to 60 seconds, duration increased to 10 seconds.
- Added some logic to automatically activate the Master Poisoner or Savage Combat debuffs if those talents are taken.
- Added an option to assume that the target is always being poisoned by someone (for Mutilate).
- Skinning now properly provides 32 crit rating.
- The damage breakdown header on data entry sheets no longer displays values adding up to less than 100% of your DPS.
- Cooldown-based haste effects now properly affect Instant Poison and Wound Poison DPS.
- Fixed a naming issue that was causing problems for OpenOffice users.
Sorry for the second update in two days. I just happened to have some extra free time today and thought it'd be a good opportunity to try to get all the small stuff I've been putting on the back burner into the sheet. This way, 0.5.0 will be focused primarily on my planned overhaul of the cycle models, rather than having a lot of extraneous other stuff to worry about.
If there are any further issues that I've overlooked, even if they're small, they're most likely going to wait until 0.5.0.
Root cause seems to be that it's choking on the formulas in Cycles1 starting with cell AL45. Making any change whatsoever to the formula - even adding 0 - fixes it, and you can even delete the change afterward and have it still work; but for some reason, until you force OO to reparse the statement somehow, it doesn't like it. Note that error 508 generally refers to mismatched parentheses and the like, so I'm guessing it's somehow getting confused by the nested "IF"s.
Random question, does anyone know if OpenOffice supports INDIRECT()?
Yes, but you very much don't want to have to use it - it's virtually guaranteed to break OO/Excel interoperability, as the syntax for cell indexes is different between the two programs, and INDIRECT does not automatically update the cell names within the string like it does for most things. INDIRECT is the reason why there were two versions of the Rogue Gear sheet for a while, and I very much recommend not going down that road unless you have no other choice.
Well, I used INDIRECT() to reference named cell ranges. Hopefully that doesn't share the same pitfalls as indirect references to specific cells. I sort of wanted to switch to something like this already, because the code to determine which cycle table to reference on the Cycles sheets was getting more and more unwieldy, adding any more cycle types would have resulted in badness.